Engine Identification in 66 Electra 225

easyellis

Please no flaming on this issue! I am trying to determine the engine that I have in my vehicle, I've looked at the forum(s) on this board and others, but my numbers still do not make sense. If I post all of the numbers here will someone help me to identify the engine? I read that one of the tell tell signs of having the "445 torque" engine is the red color. My engine is not red, but I do have the "445" emblem on the air cleaner, this could be original or might not be. I want to know for peace of mind's sake and before I start spending money on parts.

Again, thanks in advance for your assistance in this endeavor.

1966 is well covered in the "Reference" section. You will find "Buick Engine Identification" with numbers, and visually. There is more identification under the "Years". There is also the complete 1966 Chassis manual there.

1966 is well covered in the "Reference" section. You will find "Buick Engine Identification" with numbers, and visually. There is more identification under the "Years". There is also the complete 1966 Chassis manual there.

Will look in the reference section...have not looked there. Thanks

Back