hi guys. i am new to the site and new to buicks, i have crossed over from the chevy side. i just purchased a 67 lesabre that i was told had a 400 c.i. in it that was special ordered. i wanted it for my 65 lark conv. project. after i got the car home i was going through my buick books and looked on this site and am not sure if it is a 400, i could be wrong but it appears to be a 340-4. either way i think it would make a nice power plant for the conv. or i may leave the car alone it is a real nice 67 4dr only 43,000 miles on it and runs great. plans call for lots of cruising in it with my 2 young kids and wife until the conv. is done. anyway, i cannot find the stamed engine code on the right side of the block between the exhaust branches tried to scrape off and clean but cannot find one. the exhaust manifolds bolt in at a 90 degree to the cylinder head like a small block chevy, not like the pics. i have seen of the 455, that come up from the bottom at an angle. all the exhaust branches on the manifold are seperated. the valve covers are angled, not flat like a nailhead. the covers are also square, not round like the 300, and have ribs that run the lenght, remind me of center bolt chevy. it is a 4bl intake with an afb carb. can any one tell me what it is, is it a 340 and is that similair to a 300, or is it a 400? thanks for any help you can give me.
ps. my signiture says 69 lesabre, but it is a 67, need to figure out how to change this (and after getting the car all cleaned up and taking my kids for there first cruise tonight, i am really liking the car and may decide to just leave it alone and find a different heart for the conv.)