Identification, VIN, Trim, Engine Specs and more... 
 '50   '51   '52   '53   '54   '55   '56   '57   '58   '59   o 
 p 
 e 
 n 
 '60   '61   '62   '63   '64   '65   '66   '67   '68   '69 
 '70   '71   '72   '73   '74   '75   '76   '77   '78   '79 
Canadian car identification here: Serial Numbers 1935-1964 | 1965-1966
and more information in the reference section here.

Thread: 64 riviera

64 riviera

Hi guys,Ive just imported into Australia a 64 Riviera ,origianal Black on Black, 425 dual four car,factory air,power seat, pwer windows,woodgrain trim,cruise control.
    The car outside has all the standard trim but has ribbed rocker panel covers,car is in good,complete condition for a full resto.
    can anyone direct me towards the best place to buy weatherstrip kits and interior trim items.
    and can anyone decode the vin number 7k1212084

Hey southrod, welcome to the site. Steele Rubber is the most popular source... http://166.82.96.9/homeframes.html
    scott

Interior trim would be Clark's Corvair Parts in Mass. USA I have 4 '64 Rivs as parts cars.

Tom T.

7K1212084

7 = 2dr
    K = 1964
    1 = Flint
    212084 = Frame or serial number
    David Walker, BCA #30832
    "GS By The Numbers" Cast, Stamped, Part No., 1970 Field Manual $45.00
    "GS By The Numbers" Cast, Stamped, Part No., 1971 Field Manual $45.00
    "GS By The Numbers" Cast, Stamped, Part No., 1972 Field Manual $45.00
    "V.I.N.-Trim-Paint" By The Numbers, Buick V.I.N., Body and Interior Color Codes 1950-1975 $45.00
    Atlanta Buick Specialties,LLC.

Quote Originally Posted by telriv View Post
    Interior trim would be Clark's Corvair Parts in Mass. USA I have 4 '64 Rivs as parts cars.

Tom T.
    Tom...
    Clark's carries Buick parts? Or do some parts just interchange with Corvair parts? Either way it's news to me.
    scott

Sounds like a SWEET car!!! You got a few things I'd like in my '63!!

Though I didn't know the '64 had the ribbed lower rocker panels. I thought that was a '65. It might look cool in a '63/'64.

'63 Riviera
    '73 Riviera
    '76 Riviera
    '70 Eldorado
    '78 Tornado
    '94 Lex-***; it's good for something--getting parts!

Yes they do. Calvin Clark owned a '64 Riv. & was taken aback that there were no interiors done for them. Upon checking he found that much of the same vinyl patterns & such were used for the Riv. also. From that it has grown to what it is today. I worked with Mark & Anna some years back on the rear package trays by sending them an NOS one I had & actually cutting out the entire section under the rear window & sent it to them to get the profile & curves correct. It is just about as damn near perfect as you can get. I also helped them find a supplier for the seat foams. I had a near perfect set I sent to American Cushion in Bethel, Wa. to make for my Riv. They (American) were looking for cushions for an Impala which I stated that the Rivs. were the same or darn near the same. This in turn lead me to refer Clark's to American. Clark's were so impressed with the quality of the cushions they started using them exclusively for the Corvair cushions also. Through me they also can offer all the needed miss. parts needed to properly replace the seat covers through the contacts I made. I have done alot of research to find what is available where. Seldom is there any recognition given to those behind the lines doing the leg work & contacts. It is through those such as myself & others that have the desire & passion to make things correct that others can enjoy the benefits. Along with that is knowing I have been responsible personnally for the reproduction of such parts & pieces. Also, great thanks need to go to those willing to take on the actual making of these parts. I get satisfaction & gratification knowing that because of myself others can enjoy the benefits of a NEW interior, even though there are no $$$$ in it for me & others such as me, nor do most know the reasons they are available in the 1st. place.

Tom Telesco

64 riviera

The rocker panels were definately on the car from new the original owner has pics of the car at the dealership with the rocker panels in place there is also a gran sport emblem on the left side above the tailight,something else that i did not think came till 65,the owner recalls the dealer saying that the car was one of a few that were testing the market for options for the 65 model,how true this is I don't know,maybe someone can shed some light on this.

64 Rivi

I need to purchase the package tray metal.
    Quote Originally Posted by telriv View Post

Tom T.