alternator wiring

T

toodamnbroke

I recently bought an 1984 Regal. It originally had a 3.8 liter. When I got it, there was already a chevy 350 in it. Unfortunately, there was no alternator when I got this car. I can't even find the alternator wires. What does the connector look like? Does it look like a regular GM alternator? If not, does someone have a picture. If pictures help, I can take them (wiring). :confused:

I think on that car you're going to have a 2-prong plug (about an inch wide) to the alternator, along with the main lead (probably an 8 gauge red wire with a ring connector crimped on the end).

Now that I've helped you, help me- how does the car run with no alternator? Do you have to plug it into a battery charger every time you reach a destination?

-Bob Cunningham
bobc@gnttype.org

I don't drive the car its getting a new motor right now. When i got the car i just threw a battery in it to hear it run. I think I found a plug but it looks like it was pulled out of a fire.....its all melted together but there is two prongs on it and a wire in the same loom that could be the main power. Is it in the same loom as the starter wires???

Back