I replaced the module and battery today and after 20 minutes of programming / tuning it is running great! Very excited that only one minor issue with the supercharger belt setup and nothing else. Hope to figure that out after the holidays and finish the rest of the chassis at that point.
Want to wish everyone a Happy Healthy Holiday season and thank all for following my thread.
I've been working on building the car, it's a huge amount of work, making everything from scratch. Had to relocate the supercharger because it was hitting the hood side. As for the alternator, I purchased a small 12v off of ebay, trimmed off the ears, built the case by slitting a 5" diameter tube, squeezing the tube to about 4 1/2" if I remember correctly and welded the seam. I used the original end bells from the generator and extended and adapted the shaft to use the original pulley and fan. I don't think cooling will be an issue or at least I hope not. I wish I could be more helpful. I have attached a few pictures.
Yeah I believe you. Building the body and all the details takes lots of time, but is also nice to do. As for the blower. I think it will probably look even nicer when finished. Thanks for the foto's , especially the alternator ones . I understand the approach and will see if I can find a usable one in 6 V. It is even possible to add a few extra "windows" in the tube on an invisible spot to add airstream for cooling. Thanks for the idea and good luck with the rest of the build. Keep us posted. Maybe add some pictures of the body work. I am sure the others will love to see them.
Met hartelijke groeten from the Netherlands