425 Nailhead

The easiest place to find a 425 is in a 64 or 66 Riv, that was the std engine in those two years. What part of the country are you at? you may want to read my tech info at nailheadbuick.com it will help you find a right engine.. Russ

Hello Rus:

I am located in British Columbia.
You have helped me out in the past.
As the 401 in my Model A is tired, I would like to replace
it with a 425. My current engine is backed up to a ST400.
Can you rebuild an engine for me? if so
what is the usual charge, Say a ball park No. I understand that I would
have to pay for he parts etc.
Thanks
Ian

I have no idea what the exchange rate is but my engines run about 5K US with all new parts, balanced, honed with deck plates and run on a test stand.. This price is with your engine. I do know a guy in PA that has a 425, contact me through my website and I can hook you up.

I don't know if I may be any closer to you as I'm in Conn. I have three, all in cars & running. One is a KW, one is a KX & one is a LX. I won't pull them until someone you trust comes down to hear them run & do compression tests &/or cylinder leak down tests before hand. NOT CORES< RUNNING ENGINES!!!!

Tom T.

[/I]
I have no idea what the exchange rate is but my engines run about 5K US with all new parts, balanced, honed with deck plates and run on a test stand.. This price is with your engine. I do know a guy in PA that has a 425, contact me through my website and I can hook you up.

I don't know if I may be any closer to you as I'm in Conn. I have three, all in cars & running. One is a KW, one is a KX & one is a LX. I won't pull them until someone you trust comes down to hear them run & do compression tests &/or cylinder leak down tests before hand. NOT CORES< RUNNING ENGINES!!!!

Tom T.

Does the65 LX have the t400 switch pitch trans?
What would be the cost of this engine?
Could it be crated and shipped to the west coast,
i.e. Washington State? If si can you estimate the cost,
also the shipping.
I'm located in British Columbia, but we can use a USA address.
Thanks for your help.
Cheers
IF

64 kw, 65 lx, 66 mw 425

Hey I am located in PA. I currently have a 64 KW, 65 LX, and 66 MW 425 Nailhead engine. The 64 KW is still in a 64 Riviera and the other 2 are already pulled out. All three motors are complete. None of them are running engines but great cores to have rebuilt. Feel free to call me at 215-767-0845 or email me at jamesjkehr@gmail.com or check out my website at www.bestoffercounts.com. I will ship the engine as well, I would just have to check into the international rates. Do you have an address in the USA I could ship to? I look forward to hearing from you,
James

Back