TA's Aluminum Big block V8.

mjoc1

Has anyone here actually seen one of these? Are they worth the almost $6000.00 to $7000.00 for the tall deck. That of course is just for the block. another couple grand for the aluminum heads. I don't know what a crank, Rods, pistons, etc. would cost. But that seems like it would add up real quick for the possible power output you would get.

Michael

No, I am sure it would be an awesome package for someone who can afford it, or can justify it in their racing budget!

for serious racing, you almost can't afford NOT to buy it.

anything over 700hp on the old stock blocks requires heroic measures ( block girdles, lifter bore girdles, block fill, etc ) to make them live. by the time you get done refurbishing, sonic checking, girdling, line boring and everything else you want to do to the block to make it tolerate 900+ hp you'll have almost as much money into it as you would have if you'd have just bought the alum block in the first place.

some of the added bonuses are, the alum block will take WAY more power than the stock block ever will, it weighs less and you can easily punch it out to nearly 600 cubes.

what would make the Buick block better than some other aluminum blocks ? thats what I would be thinking. A pair of Buick valve covers on a different make would work for me.

Back