Shops in Texas

Anyone know of any shop around the Abilene TX area that is up to date on b\t turbos? How about carb shops that know the difference between a Quadrajet carb for a turbo and a regular Q-carb?

Last edited:
I don't know of many Buick shop people around Abilene area. We raced at the track there for several years and were the only Buick around most of the time.
As far as Quadrajets, I'm not in Abilene, but quadrajets is what I do. I am by San Antonio.
www.quadrajetpower.com

I would need new floats, rod and rod hangers, jets to larger size, tune, etc., etc. with the cleaning up of the thing. I will PM you to get your phone for a quote. I would bring the carb to you. I think you are due south of me, north of San Antonio, aren't you?

Correct. I am north of San Antonio. Very nice drive between Abilene and here.

What turbo set up are you doing? The pull through that Buick used? Or are you working on a blow through?

I always replace jets, primary rods, float, power piston spring, secondary air valve spring and cam, primary pull off, and much more on any build I do. Performance build includes secondary rods, and circuit modifications and runs $250. Race builds with main body and air horn modifications in addition to the rest runs $300.

I guarantee my work.

Yes, pull through. A good carb and alky to cool a bit, a little wastegate adjustment with larger down pipe and you have a nice daily driver. I'll PM you in a day or so.

Back