Howdy doody!

yachtsmanbill

Just cruising' around and decided to peel in over here and check the place out and kick some tires. Got a 72 GS 455 (GSX clone) but hey, after owning GS's for almost 45 years, its the best I can do. Bill from soggy Two Rivers, Wi.

28jel1l.jpg

Last edited:
gosh, it must be tough, what with having to console yourself with a mere lookalike ... i like it.

Two Rivers? next to Mishicot? home of the greatest street name known to mankind?

Thanks Steve! That's from Nov 2013 when I got it and done quite a bit to it since. The Previous Owner (PO) built it in 1990 and parked it on a gravel floor in a Morton building; that took its toll again! Door bottoms and front fenders etc. It aint perfect but heck, its a survivor/driver...

Yep, we are in TR.. the Land of the free and the home of the brave!!! Look at that pic I put up and just to the right of that truck is a sliver of Lake Michigan... Greatest road on earth? Memorial Drive?? Originally I was from the Chicago area and lived on Route 66. Moved up here after retiring in 2010, but have family all over from here up to Door County... Brother, wherefore art thou??? ws

2wrp079.jpg

10gd98k.jpg

21lopyr.jpg

Greatest road on earth? Memorial Drive??

awww, HELL no.

i'm talkin bout "Assman Road" ( east-west road just north of Mishicot ).

which the sorry bastards in Manitowoc County don't put street signs on anymore.

i tried to get a guy to buy me a sign some years back and they wouldn't. then i stopped by there this year ... you know ... just to look around

<.<

>.>

and now Assman Rd doesn't have any name signs on it at all.

it did have back in 2001.

Road names

I'm pretty familiar with VV and Tannery roads, but don't remember A$$man road. Gone by Fox Hills C.C. into Shoto a few million times. Are you from Mishicot. Really need to find some Buick guys around here! ws

Cool Daddio!!

Yeah, this place reminds me of a small boat forum I run; where the real experts are! Theres all the other forums that are nothing more than google, copy and paste experts. So yer in West Chest where?? I'm retired and living life large. Everyone needs one of these! ws

kc05r7.jpg

Cool Daddio!!

Yeah when youre retired, the real time doesn't matter; you tend to notice its after 12 noon and before 6:00 pm so its nap time! LOL... ws

Thanks Bob! Just a year ago whod'a thunk it would be back on the road (last May actually) and all went pretty well aside from a few nuisance issues. Had to pull out the heavy artillery last year and now she sleeps in a storage unit; building a new garage for her as we speak. Hope guys don't get weird here about pics and bandwidth as I tend to take lotsa high-rez stuff. Tell the kid not to drool on the paint please! :D ws

2dilfky.jpg

fw7imw.jpg

Last years job also include substantial interior work. Seems I got really rusty by not doing this stuff for 30 years, but hey, its a driver and I hate judges!

1ow2va.jpg

otgu42.jpg

2m4ya07.jpg

o6i2o4.jpg

Are you from Mishicot.

no, i used to contract for GTE / Frontier out of Sun Prairie. did the records work for Two Rivers / the nuke plant and the cell towers in your area, which is how i found the road name.

i'm over in Indiana now.

but don't remember A$$man road.

well, of course you don't. they don't label it any more.

and it really is nothing more than a farmer's road for access to a couple of houses anyways.

can you imagine how awesome it would be to have an "Assman Road" sign up on one end of your garage and a "Titman Road" sign up at the other? then you could tell people to fetch you a part / tool from the '*** end of the garage'.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/T...2!3m1!1s0x885695817d31473f:0x585ada198a0ae2de

Just bored...

So as I looked up youre Titman Road link would you believe I found a Dickman Road too? Imagine having to go through life with a name like that? So where in Indiana are ya hailing from? Kinda odd that Assman Rd. ends almost at a town up here called Whitelaw. I wonder if that's a reference to Manlaw??

I know N.W. Ind. pretty well from Hammond to Lafayette to Mich. City. Is this forum always so slow or is it the holidays??? ws

This is too funny! ALMOST as good as what we have here in Pennsylvania: you could travel from Blue Ball, to Intercourse, then to Paradise Pennsylvania all within 20 miles total. You're bored so test it out on Google maps or whatever preferred way you get directions online :)

i'm in Fort Wayne and 'from' Elkhart county ( RV capital of the world!, ummm ok ), so north central and NE. pretty much, you don't wind up here unless you were aiming for it.

unless you're one of them **** ND fans, sheesh. :D

it is a bit slow here but we've got some people with good expertise. and LOTS of reference material.

you just can't trust everything you read just because it's written down.

oh yeah, if you're into circle track at all you're not that far from Slinger. the Slinger 1/4 mile is one of the most badass facilities i've ever attended a race at. if you don't enjoy Slinger, circle track just ain't for you. googmaps says about 90 miles for you.

The TRUTH

So Mando is from FRENCH LICK Indiana, eh??? LA-HAND O' Goshen LOL... I grew up in Indian Head Park, Il. just sw of Chicago and a few blocks off Route 66 and a mile from Santa Fe Speedway.. "The action track of clay"... That became a super fund site from the oil etc and now theres million $$$ homes there. Yeah, we lived at the street race and oval track capitol of the world!

So last year was the big car job and now we are starting a 22 x 22 new building just for the Buick. Not nearly as much fun, plus boat work out on the frozen tundra... that's been ongoing for 40+ years. This spring when the car comes home I need to do an oil pump job with a rear main and or front trans seal job. Gotta check them with the black light trick. Hoping for the main seal in place! ws

Back