Got my AFB Rebuilt by Tom Telesco and runs great

bamawildcat

Just wanted to brag on a great job. I had the Nailhead rebuilt last year and the old car never did right. I sent it to Tom and it's runs like a... well, Wildcat now! What an adventure. Found a toy carrot in the gas tank, slammed the hood on my nearly-new GoPro, and blew up my muffler during the process.

Reactions: Bob
Tom sold me new pistons for my 425 and a few more parts since. The pistons are top notch and the man who mounted the rods to the pistons builds race engines and he said the quality of the pistons was equally to pistons he uses in the continuous 8,000 RPM Chevy 350s he builds. He is always ready to give free advice that you can take that advice to the bank.

Tom is a great guy. I bought a mini starter [12V] for my 263 from him. Also a NOS Mark IV under dash AC. Happy with both.

Ben

A few years back I entrusted Tom to rebuild a rare pair of dual quad AFBs from a 66 MZ code Riviera. He did an outstanding job and was nice enough to bring them to a Riviera meet and install them on the engine. The first time I ever talked to Tom on the phone, he didn't know me from Adam but spent upwards of 30 minutes answering my questions explaining in detail never making me feel like I was being a PITA asking questions. He would say "are you sure you understand, if not I can explain it in another way". The knowledge Tom has is incredible and his character and willingness to share that knowledge is a class act all the way. I know there are a small number of folks out there that do a good job rebuilding AFBs but I'd never consider sending an AFB anywhere else than to Tom.

Tom really is a great guy. When I thought it was a carburetor issue, Tom let me send carb back and he went through it and rebuilt it a second time, and didn't charge me a dime. He really stands behind his work. In addition to the YouTube videos, I have a full write up of the "adventure" here: https://1964buick.com/resto_logs/Carter_AFB_Rebuild/1964_Buick_Carter_AFB_Rebuild.htm
I, too, can vouch for Tom's abilities. He built an AFB for my '65 Riviera this past summer to replace the Rochester that never seemed quite right, and it looked SO GOOD when I got it out of the box that I left it as a centerpiece on the kitchen table for a couple of days, much to the delight of my wife. Anyway, Tom's work is second to none; my car runs MUCH better as well. bamawildcat, I've been following your Nailhead build videos on YouTube for a while now, never realizing we may be neighbors. Where are you in Alabama, I'm in Florence.

I, too, can vouch for Tom's abilities. He built an AFB for my '65 Riviera this past summer to replace the Rochester that never seemed quite right, and it looked SO GOOD when I got it out of the box that I left it as a centerpiece on the kitchen table for a couple of days, much to the delight of my wife. Anyway, Tom's work is second to none; my car runs MUCH better as well. bamawildcat, I've been following your Nailhead build videos on YouTube for a while now, never realizing we may be neighbors. Where are you in Alabama, I'm in Florence.
Sent you a PM. Thanks!

Well done story! I would love to be put together a movie like that :)
Glad you shared it and I am sure Tom appreciates the kudos (y)

some kind of estimate? difficult I know but high and low?
would like to have electric choke added if possible

Bob,

I won't do anything until I take it apart & valuate & get your OK 1st. Labor to start is $375.00. Re-bush throttle shafts $50.00 front & $50.00 rear IF nec. Mill bottom of carb. to make sure the bottom is flat. A GOOD carb. kit & floats if nec. An electric choke set-up.

Tom T.

Back