- Straight Eight Engine Specifications
-
263 Head X-Sections
    - Building a High Performance Straight Eight
- Buick Straight Eight Lifter Adjustment
- Straight Eight Intake Manifold X-Sections
- Straight Eight Oil Supply Update
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have Now Built 1.5 and 1.6 Ratio Roller Rocker Arm Assemblys for Buick Straight 8's!

Have Now Built 1.5 and 1.6 Ratio Roller Rocker Arm Assemblys for Buick Straight 8's!

With enough demand, we now have built 1.5 Ratio roller rockers for the Buick Straight 8's. This completely new rocker arm assembly consist of all brand new components. New billet rocker arm stands, new billet rocker arms, billet axles, roller tips and hardened shaft. The rockers are fully bushed and honed for a perfect fit.

We are now making the pushrod adjuster also.

very nice
    The way to crush the bourgeoisie is to grind them between the millstones of taxation and inflation.
    Vladimir Lenin

Government schooling is about "the perfect organization of the hive."
    H.H. Goddard, Human Efficiency (1920)

rockers

Fantastic!
    I am going to ask a Question that may be redundant, but inquiring minds want to know. What is the stock ratio and what is gained with the increase? I THINK I know, but do not want to discuss in public until sure.

Thanks
    Ben

How critical is valve stem height and what is recommended procedure to set them up to maintain optimum centering on the valve stem. Inquiring minds want to know this also.

Looks absolutly great ..

Jenz
    '38 Special Coupe, pimped 263 cui
    ---- LIFTERS CC GERMANY ----

Quote Originally Posted by TexasJohn55 View Post
    How critical is valve stem height and what is recommended procedure to set them up to maintain optimum centering on the valve stem. Inquiring minds want to know this also.
    These are setup for stock valve height.

These rockers are setup for stock positioning over the guides.

I bought a set. The components are very high quality, and the set is complete with everything you need, even came with bolts and extra hims should you need to adust the position sideways. I recommend!

different ratio

Quote Originally Posted by Jyrki View Post
    I bought a set. The components are very high quality, and the set is complete with everything you need, even came with bolts and extra hims should you need to adust the position sideways. I recommend!
    I am still interested in what the different ratios do.

Ben

What the different ratios do is modify the actual valve lift and opens and closes the valves sooner and later at specific cam intervals.

A 1.6 set will give a performance increase on stock cams all the way up to racing cams.

Some guys prefer the stock rocker arm ratio as they have a cam so radical that a 1.6 set might give too much lift and dont want that.

The ratio means how much valve lift to how much Cam lift.

For instance, if you have a camshaft that has .300" lift, then your valve lift will be .450" at the valve with a set of 1.5 ratio rockers.

At the same cam lift with a 1.6 set it would be .300" x 1.6 =.480" of valve lift!

So it is just a way to modify your actual valve lift. Duration at .050" is also different. But advertised duration does not change.

ratio

Thank you. Kinda what I thought, just was not sure enough to want to open my mouth.

Thanks
    Ben