-
263 Head X-Sections
    - Building a High Performance Straight Eight
- Buick Straight Eight Lifter Adjustment
- Straight Eight Intake Manifold X-Sections
- Straight Eight Oil Supply Update
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Headers for the straight 8

I have a 350 Olds 79 with this part on the air cleaner.
    It is a replacement parts according to the manual, a # must be easy to find.
    But hiding this exhaust would be a shame

Saw the beautifull header and wanted to show mine. I made this myself. Itis to recieve two 2 inch SU carbs. I Will have to work à bit on the flows. Engine is to go in a special ( multiple year project) . Currently working on newclutch house replacing dynaflow with jaguar xk box . Hope this works
    regards
    duco55
    the netherlands
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Duco55 View Post
    Saw the beautifull header and wanted to show mine. I made this myself. Itis to recieve two 2 inch SU carbs. I Will have to work à bit on the flows. Engine is to go in a special ( multiple year project) . Currently working on newclutch house replacing dynaflow with jaguar xk box . Hope this works
    regards
    duco55
    the netherlands
    Looks great, that's quite the flange! So same question for you, what do you plan on doing for manifold heat? It sits close to the headers, that should definitely help.

Now you ve shown too much ..
    I suppose anyone here wants to see the rest of the car

Why choosing this type of exhaust manifold ? It looks like a Jeep Cherokee, instead of runners as many do.
    Not the best flow, unless I am wrong .
    You may certainelly have reasons for this .

Quote Originally Posted by jacob View Post
    I've been thinking about that. Gerry didn't think it would be a problem in summer time, but I am in the great northwest after all. I'm thinking of building an air cleaner assembly that takes in air from next to the headers. I've seen ford trucks that have something like that off an exhaust manifold. I am also open to suggestions.

Another thought- a lot of the new custom made two and three carb intakes don't have heat from the exhaust manifold and I haven't heard about too many problems. I did see one that had coolant heat, but it seems like there are already more coolant lines than one water pump can supply with the tranny cooler and two heater cores.

I have seen them made with copper tubing to each set. Doesnt require big tubing. Make some exhaust block off plates on the intake manifold exhaust heat chamber, then drill and tap for fitting'. weld a bung on the headers and screw in the fitting, bend up and instal the tubing. The tubing will get the intake hot but not too hot, exhaust is running right into the stock intake exhaust heat chamber. [You could also pipe it up with the hot water]
    Last edited by 39CENT; 04-04-2013 at 07:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jacob View Post
    Looks great, that's quite the flange! So same question for you, what do you plan on doing for manifold heat? It sits close to the headers, that should definitely help.
    To be honest, I was more worried about to much heat. And was planning to tune this with heattape round the headers.
    The flow is not theoretically not Great, but the two SU's should be giving enough gas. I can improve this by polishing internally.
    Who I made it like this? I just die not like the looks of the basic 263 setup. And wanted the su's (polished and all)
    Regards
    duco55

In fact, everyone have advices for noboby does anything ...
    There s been promises, waiting but in fact nothing .
    We have to work on those engines. Jyrki does. The others just write
    I will TBI.

i am getting a manifold made from hells gate hot rods and still need an exhaust made does anybody make anything i can order the flanges but im stuck there

i was going to use something like this for the header: http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Small-...tor,31918.html

i was going to try to make a 180 degree header, but not sure if its worth the headache. tying the front 4 and the rear 4 together would be much easier.