- Buick Straight Eight Lifter Adjustment
- Straight Eight Intake Manifold X-Sections
- Straight Eight Oil Supply Update
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where's everybody?

Where's everybody?

It seems I'm the last one here, so I'll turn off the light when I leave

im still here

havent logged on in a long time but still like to read what everyone is building , i always wanted to see if anyone tried rerouting the return to the block cooling on the engine through the front freeze plug and see if the engine cooled better or stopped cooling the front cylinder more than the rest of them ,and the hop up articles are well worth reading ,

My computer was down for a week.
    Got a new monitor and am back on line!
    But where are the rest of the straight 8 crew?
    There are post going on days without any replies!
    Last edited by pmuller9; 09-08-2011 at 10:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by junk-collector View Post
    havent logged on in a long time but still like to read what everyone is building , i always wanted to see if anyone tried rerouting the return to the block cooling on the engine through the front freeze plug and see if the engine cooled better or stopped cooling the front cylinder more than the rest of them ,and the hop up articles are well worth reading ,
    Considering runing a distribution tube using all the side freeze plugs for even cooling on a 263 project.

I'm still here and I don't own a Buick right now! I hang around just to learn stuff and help other S8 owners when I can.

Quote Originally Posted by pmuller9 View Post
    Considering runing a distribution tube using all the side freeze plugs for even cooling on a 263 project.

I have seen pix of that done. ??? Don,t know if it works? The land speed guys are always coming up with new stuff.

I,m still wondering about using the exhaust ports for intakes?? Would the intakes pose a big problem handling exhaust?

Quote Originally Posted by 39CENT View Post
    I,m still wondering about using the exhaust ports for intakes?? Would the intakes pose a big problem handling exhaust?
    The problem is the siamese exhaust port with a "T" intersection.

Cylinder 1 has almost finished the exhaust stroke with the piston
    approaching TDC. The exhaust valve is still open and the intake valve
    is opening during the overlap period. The exhaust valve for cylinder 2
    now opens with a big burst of exhaust that blows right past the exhaust
    valve for cylinder 1 and past the now open intake valve right into the intake
    manifold. This is an extreme case of exhaust gas recirculation.

Paul

Still here , reading and coffee engineering .
    Won t have time to start my project before winter ( another project not finished yet because of $$ ), so I may work on the engine inside , waiting for spring .

I really want to try TBI injectors on top of Rochester B and a big plenum , like your first intake . So I m building a Gingery lathe, and later a mill .

I collect ideas , and this may be how I ll build the 38 .
    Made with The Gimp

Still here...ol' Hurricane Irene took my house and all of my belongings (see my post in Idle Chat for some photos). My Buick got flooded up to the windows, I've been airing it out but it's full of mud. Have 2 complete engines in my shop 20 miles away that are fine. But my carport is partially crushed and half of the concrete lifted up although the slab the car is on is still flat, my driveway is also mostly gone so I don't know if I'll even be able to get it out.
    http://www.recorder.com/article/leyden-home-swept-away
    Got a long fight ahead of me...am renting a house a few towns away (Buckland) and still have yet to clean out my shed, I think my supercharger is toast and one of my '52 heads is under mud but I'll find out what I can salvage as soon as I have a garage to put all of my stuff in.