Q Jet Woes

Q jet on my 69 Skylark 350. The accelerator pump doesn't squirt any fuel down the primarys at all. 2 questions. With the auto choke not working it makes cold starts a PITA.

1) accel pump lever & linkage are good, so I think its the plunger ass'y.

2) Could it be the discharge check ball? I tend to think not since the ball is on the discharge
side of the pump. Am I correct?

Thanks in advance for all advice.

Webby

Probably your plunger. Need a blue one to work with today's fuel. Check ball keeps fuel in the system, but if it is stuck, it wouldn't let fuel through. That is unlikely.

Time for a rebuild. Do it yourself, or let me know if I can help. I build quadrajets.

Probably your plunger. Need a blue one to work with today's fuel. Check ball keeps fuel in the system, but if it is stuck, it wouldn't let fuel through. That is unlikely.

Time for a rebuild. Do it yourself, or let me know if I can help. I build quadrajets.

Thank you for your quick reply, carmantz. Rest of the carby seems OK, so I'm wondering if I
can get by with just a replacement plunger.

I've down loaded the pages from the 1971 shop manual on this site, any other tricks I should know, if I was to merely replace the plunger?

Back