Newby from Wyoming

Avice

Hello all, I was "gifted" my '71 Centurion Convertible. We have been working over the 455 and we are just about ready to stab it back in. I am in need of inner fender splash shields, and having trouble finding them. I don't know what other models are the same, or the best place to find them. Can I make them? What is the best material to make them from?

the Centurion is a GM B-Body or large car.

as such, you'll be able to steal a lot of suspension and frame components from other GM B-, C- or E-body cars.

you'll be looking for the 1971-76 model years
Electra
Le Sabre
Riviera

if you want a different rear end ratio, there is an 8.5" ring gear rear end ( standard GM gear sets ) that you can pull out of 350ci powered Le Sabres that will fit your car. and you could steal the TH-350 while you were at it. these mods would also greatly reduce your rotating mass over what your existing rear and TH-400 are twirling around.

other useful models would include
Olds 88
Olds 98

Pontiac Bonneville
Pontiac Safari

Cadillac De Ville

Chevy Impala
Chevy Caprice

The deflector is a GM part no 1237121 under Group 8.154. Fits 71-76 full size Buicks. Left and right side are the same.

www.buickfarm.com shows to have one in stock. That one could at least be used as a pattern for the second one.

Attachments

• 71 fr fender.pdf
    220.1 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Back