It has been pretty quiet in this forum. So, I thought there might be some interest in how the 525 Stage IV is fitting into my 67 Skylark. There has been some slow and steady progress. The frame needed to be cleared for the deep pan, the engine needed to be set back an inch for the headers and the centerlink hit the pan. The rack and pinion set up solved the issue of steering linkage interference with the pan. I did not want to cut the pan or bridge the steering linkage. It still needs some mounting changes so that the rack and pinion will drop out of the way when pulling the engine. The solid engine mount and the rough cut out for the steering apparatus is visible here. The engine mounts and midplate are visible in this picture . The attaching points for the midplate and rough clearance of the midplate for the headers are pictured here . For various reasons, this project will be close to four years in the making if I roll out in July or August as planned. Some of the thrill has waned during that time, but I am starting to get excited again as it gets closer to completion. I can’t say I would do it all again, but I can’t say I wouldn’t either.

------------------
Steve B.
GSCA #2173 (1986)
67 GS 525 Stg IV
66 GS Convertible
65 GS HT
63 Riv

WOW AWSOME
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------