300ci valve keepers

WildKitty

Experienced Member
while putting valves back in the 300ci, one of the valve springs slipped and the keepers popped out - I heard it hit the wall and it disappeared into one of the many boxes of stuff in the garage.

I've been searching locally + called TAPerformance (they have them but don't have single sets).

anyone know who might have them?
this little $1.85 piece is holding up one hellofa job.
thanks
Butch

I did find the keepers @ JEGS. individually: 1.69 + $4 shipping:jeez:

however, now I have to determine what degree the keeper is.. I think it is 10deg, JEGS say it should be 7 deg.. guess I need to buy a protractor or drawing compass.

does anyone know where this info might be?
thanks
Buth
:shifter:

Eric, thanks a million... I have someone coming tomorrow to help me get the waterpump off - its
going to be a tough one - I'm pretty sure the bolts
want to twist off. will probably have to heat them.
I have a new pump ready to attach.

methinks I should consider puttin a new timing chain,
not sure how much they run, but since I've the engine out where I can get to it, probably a good idea. I do know that 90K miles on the engines of today it's a good idea to change out the timing .:shifter:

I don't have a "nearby" anything, but Eric put a set in the mail fo me - thanks again.

all my mechanical work came to a screetching halt last week, I got into a heado collision. destroyed the Blazer and has me layed up for awhile - just really bruised chest and leg. can't be doing any lifting or manhandling heavy stuff.

it's guys like Eric that keeps groups like Team Buick together
Butch

Back