1962 LeSabre project car

I am looking to buy a 1962 LeSabre as a project car with my son. The body is fair, but it doesn't have the motor. It does have the Dynaflow tranny. Will any 401 Nailhead fit or are there certain years I should be looking for? thanks, Jim .. .. newbie

That doesn't leave me with many options... If I pulled the Dynaflow and found a Buick big or small block with tranny, would it fit with the rear end?:confused:

Nailhead,,,,,,

I think you are going to run into the closed driveshaft thing.... easier to just find a correct year engine....you gotta buy a engine anyway.....

The last year of the torque tube (enclosed driveshaft) was 1960. So being a '62 he already has an open driveline.

If your not worrying about it being original you would be happier with a 64-66 engine with a 400 trans. You will have to fab up a transe mount and a lil driveshaft work but well worth it and the dynaflow can be expensive to rebuild. The transe shop close to me wanted 1500 and I took them just the transe and that was plus the converter.

Back