- Buick Cams from Kenne Bell, 252, 231, 225,198, 196
- 225 V-6 Engine Specifications
    - 2 Less = More, Stage II V-6
- The Baker Buick V-6

Thread: 1987 Park Avenue

manyjob Guest

1987 Park Avenue

Hi all,

I've been havig a hard time with my Park Avenue. The car will start and run for a few minutes and then dies out. After that it will restart but dies almost immediately. It's at the second mechanic now and he believes it to be a wiring problem for the fuel injectors. This is the 3800 with roughly 200,000 miles on it. So far, the head gaskets and intake manifold gaskets have been replaced and the heads resurfaced, the fuel pump and filter were changed, the ignition coil and module were changed, they tried a new crankshaft position sensor and ECM. No codes are being sent to show that anything is wrong. Timing chain set was installed when the engine was installed about 14,000 miles ago. The mechanic asked me if I could find a wiring diagram for the fuel injection. The Haynes manual has one but it doesn't show the entire diagram. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Bill

More info. is needed to help you..When the eng. stalls test for spark then
    test inj. firing ( can be done with a test light ) also if mech. has a scan tool
    look for rpm signal to pcm while cranking .HTH

manyjob Guest

Yes

From what I've seen there is spark, but #4 and #5 are a little weak/intermittent, which troubles me since that is a new ignition module and a new coil pack, the second of each in 15 months. Apparently the injectors are not firing as fuel pressure is good at the rail. The mechanic says that he believes the problem to be a short in the wiring harness at this time. A wiring diagram would be helpful if anyone could provide it.

Bill

There is not a good wiring diagram because each section is separate and requires many pages to be put together. I can tell you that you must have 12volts on one side of the injectors with key on and the ground side is controlled by the pcm and should flash with a test light between the terminals at the injector connector ( test each one of the 6 inj. ) as the
    eng. is cranked .A spark tester at the coil is the best way to test ing. sys.
    the tool is called a ST125 spark tester. HTH