Well, I know a few of you wanted me to keep you posted with what's happening so here goes. I know I had asked all kinds of questions with cranking speed and ignition crap, so here were the final things I did to get the old beast firing up again.

Replaced points, condensor, rebuilt starter (very very important), and a new fuel pump.

I guess the thing that was holding me back from doing those few things was money. Didn't have any. Spent about $200 this past week on odds and ends for the car and now it's all back together and completely driveable, except for the ancient tires that are on it that can't hold air!!

So now it's time for new tires, and now i can focus more on restoring the nicks, scratches, and bumps on and around the body and maybe even buy some seatbelts.

Needless to say, i'm extremely happy that it is running.

BTW... On startup, i definitely knew that the oil wasn't distributing quickly thru the engine, so i just kept up a smooth low-idle until the "ticking" went away. Now it's idling very smooth and nice and quiet too. Can't believe how quiet the 215V8 really is, and the old exhaust, with holes in it here and there, is even not loud either. Unbelievable.

Thanks for all the help guys.

61Special (Mike)