From the Reference Section:
- Buick Cams from Kenne Bell, 252, 231, 225,198, 196
- 225 V-6 Engine Specifications
    - 2 Less = More, Stage II V-6
- The Baker Buick V-6

Thread: 96 Riviera 3800 s2 SC HELP!!!

96 Riviera 3800 s2 SC HELP!!!

ok hers the issuess:

Was given car in Dec 2007 with known parasitic Batt Drain.....Sometimes (about 3 months out the of the year total) we have to "plug the car in" leaving on battery charger while not in use...replaced battery previous owners had it to 3 diff. Automotive electricians cant find issue....IT DID NOT GET replacement MALL module from 96 recall....any suggestions??

in Oct 08 coolant leak...advised by my mechanic to use stop leak to get me through weekend so I could get it to him. Took it in on Nov 3rd had to replace expansion plate/rear main seal combo to fix issue...since then the heat has never worked right...Coolant levels all correct no passenger side leak to floor panel but strong coolant smell when heat is on to attempt to warm the pass compartment as i have2 small children....suggestions?!?!?!

In Dec 08 found large hole in filler neck to fuel system which allowed for water to get in tank and kill fuel system,.....replaced filler neck, pump, filter, FPR, most fuel lines 2 injectors and rebuilt the SC as it had failed as well....now at random times the car seems like its not getting any fuel when the tank could be nearly full...get it on the open road, gun it and it seems to iron out until the next time...I hate Sluggish cars LOL! Tried injector cleaner but issues still comes up from time to time. Suggestions???

Check engine light still one but reporting vaccum codes....had codes checked but they are not specific....same codes that we had before replacing filler neck which mechanic thought would clear with repair...I am willing to have codes rechecked to report back to here just getting really annoyed!

ABS/Traction Light on....had ABS system checked over by 2 mechanics and cannot find a failure anywhere?!?!? We have done brake changes rather often that on any other vehicle I have owned only because I care about this one!!! Any ideas???

This car has 257K on it but was well taken care of and I have received comments on how well she runs (when others see it, it does run clean LOL) and how quiet it is for its age/mileage.... I know this is a mouthfull so I will leave it to Team Buick to chem before I mention any other issues of lower concern (not causing drive probs)

Thanks in Advance Ladys and Gents....btw Im the one who fixes this beast as my hubby is CLUELESS when it comes to cars...I only keep him around to break free the bolts I cant wrench on! LOL

Smile Fuel issue/ battery drain

With the battery drain issue is there any aftermarket items put on or in the car? If so I would look there first for the battery drain. Or does it have alternator death issue and battery is NOT charged as much as you may think?

Fuel issue I would check the pump its self. My 97 park ave. does not have a sending unit like most vehicles and the gauge value could be wrong. Also check voltage going too the gauge itself.

With the codes just cancel them out. This will insure that 1) the filler neck repair was or was not the code cause. 2) If not then you will know that some other issue is indeed occuring. I don't know if you have tried any or all of these three suggestions
    Last edited by mikeygrouch; 02-24-2010 at 09:58 PM. Reason: 1 more thought

The heater not working very good is likely the result of the stop leak that you put in the cooling system. It's plugging the heater core. You need to reverse flush the heater core to get the stop leak out. The abs light could be on as a result of one of the sensors in one of the front wheel bearing hub assemblies being faulty. I had a hub assembly on my Park Ave go bad that was making the light come on. Unfortunately the electronics in the unit are not serviceable, you have to replace the wheel bearing assembly if that is the case. If the brakes are working fine and the light is on for no obvious reason I would move this down on the list of important things to worry about.