- Buick Cams from Kenne Bell, 401, 425
    - Nailhead Engine Specifications
- Head Flow Chart
- Nailhead Oil Pump
- Nailhead cam specs and cam selection
- Nailhead Parts Interchange

Thread: What do I have ??

What do I have ??

I have a 1964 Buick Special 2 dr. sedan and I'm having trouble finding out which motor is in it, as far as I know the block casting # is B1357948, it has aluminum heads and a 2 bbl. carb, I have pics of the #'s but am having problems uploading to this site, if anyone can help that would be cool, I'll be @ the Back To The 50's car show in St.Paul Minnesota on the
    19th-21st if you want to see it. you can email me @ designgraphics3@msn.com

Have you looked through the reference section at the motor id by the numbers?
    If you would llike to place an image of your car in your signature, click here for instructions
    WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!

You don't have a nailhead, that's for sure. No nailheads ever came with aluminum heads. Try posting your question on the 215-300-340-350 link. They're the small block experts.

Buick DID make 21 aluminum experimental heads that were cast using '59 casting molds. I know where 12 of them are.

have a 1964 Buick Special 2 dr. sedan and I'm having trouble finding out which motor is in it, as far as I know the block casting # is B1357948, it has aluminum heads and a 2 bbl. carb

http://www.teambuick.com/reference/y...ne_number.html
    should be a "KL" code Buick 300. iron block but it had alum intake and heads for 1964 only. for the remainder of the 300ci production run ( 1965-67 ) all major cast components for this engine were iron. from 1961-63 the only Buick small block available was the all aluminum 215 which even had an aluminum block.

in the early 60s, the Buick air cleaner would be marked with the torque rating of the engine not the displacement. this may be causing you some confusion as it probably says something like "Wildcat 310".

if you could get all of your casting numbers, we'll have Bob add that to our list.
    http://www.teambuick.com/forums/view...rs_small_block
    The way to crush the bourgeoisie is to grind them between the millstones of taxation and inflation.
    Vladimir Lenin

Government schooling is about "the perfect organization of the hive."
    H.H. Goddard, Human Efficiency (1920)

My 64 LeSabre has the same engine - breather says; Wildcat 310 - last one with alum heads - mine has a burnt exhaust valve in ea head $300+ EA to get the heads done

If you're still running the 310, best to retorque the heads every so often. Plus, I'd do a GOOD flushing of the block. The combination of iron and alum causes a corrosion buildup on the water jacket/ports at the rear of the engine.

I'll be selling the 310 (complete) as soon as I get the 455 running

Butch