- Buick Cams from Kenne Bell, 401, 425
    - Nailhead Engine Specifications
- Head Flow Chart
- Nailhead Oil Pump
- Nailhead cam specs and cam selection
- Nailhead Parts Interchange

Thread: Heater Bypass

Heater Bypass

My Wife and I just bought a 1966 Electra 225/465WC and the old guy that had it before us drove it to Vegas a couple of times and bypassed the heater to get the AC working. It is that funky Buick Automatic CLimate Control unit and the "thermostat was bypassed". I can't find ANYONE here that works on them and I have to get that heater working again real soon as winter is a comin and Colorado winters suck without heat!!! HELP????

Heater Info

I have a 225 that I bought for the motor, it is a parts car but it has the complete heat/ac including the vacume controled heater valve that is in the hot side feed. If you need the control valve or the heater core for that matter let me know and they are yours for the asking.

AWESOME! I just have to figure out how to put it in, as there is NO ONE even remotely close to me that will work on our baby....and I can't find a service manual or instructions or anything...

I am pretty sure the core is fine, but I won't be able to tell until I get that valve in as well, so I will probably need both...I am assuming you can ship them to me COD for the shipping and such? how much you want for em??

Should be (but these things never are) easy. Right below the theromostate housing the 5/8" hose goes to the vacume controled heater valve then on the other side the 5/8" hose contiues to the firewall 5/8" nipple (heater core), it is just above and to the right of the blower motor. Below the blower motor is a 3/4" nipple (other side of heater core) and that uses the 3/4" hose to return to the water pump. There is also a small (1/8" or so) vacume hose that looks like a windsheild washer hose that controles the heater valve. I think that when vacume is applied it lets hot water flow and when the vacume is off it stop the water. Could be the other way around I guess. Anyway may have to hunt for the vacume line. You can also just buy a manual 5/8 control valve at NAPA that you can turn on (in early october I would guess in CO) off next spring and control the heat with the fan speed and the drivers window! Send me an email at any128@gmail.com and I will send you either the right one or a manual one that I have as well.

Smile

Sweet! You are a life saver!!! We love our "edgar" and hate that he isn't up to snuff...What other parts are you getting rid of from your 225? I need the rear opera light covers, Driver Door panel (White) and arm rest and a Passenger side RV Mirror, trunk lock (had to drill it out as the wife locked the keys in it...grrrr)....I will send you an e-mail this evening and we'll go from there. Thanks Barry!!!