- Buick Cams from Kenne Bell, 401, 425
    - Nailhead Engine Specifications
- Head Flow Chart
- Nailhead Oil Pump
- Nailhead cam specs and cam selection
- Nailhead Parts Interchange

Thread: New guy here...

New guy here...

I own a '55 Special. with a 264 Nailhead V8 the car is pretty much all stock except for an electric fuel pump and some other items here and there. Lately the old Dynaflow transmission has been giving me fits.

I have absolutely no drive and a weak reverse gear, low gear works but I have to rock it into low. If I start the car and shift into low gear the car will not move but if I raise the RPM's and rock the shifter on the column it will engage and the car will start moving....

So here's the question I am thinking of dumping the Dyna since I can't find many people that want to work on it nor can I find anyone that knows where to get parts for it if they need to... so my thought was changing over to a TH350 which is lighter and has less tendencies to leak... but I haven't found anyone that sells the converter kit for the 264... I have found them for the 364 and the 401 but not my little 264.... any suggestions would help....

dynaflow

It is EXTREMELY difficult to change a nailhead over, you will need VERY expensive adapters, and when you get rid of the torque tube, how will you hold the rear end in place?
    Conact JIM HUGHES in perrysburg, ohio-i'll get you his phone number- he has rebuilt guaranteed transmisdsions on the shelf, or can rebuild yours...he is simply THE BEST at dynaflow transmissions, he can fix you up, with no problems, and competitive prices...hes done 4 for me, one i even race
    buickguyjon1@sbcglobal.net
    nailheads forever

any idea on his prices and if he does core exchanges? further information would be a great help here.... thanks...

Another option would be to look for someone in your area who is selling a used dynaflow. These are pretty stout trannies... I'm surprised you're having trouble finding someone to work on it for you. Keep an eye on Craigslist and your local trader. I'm sure there are a few of them around if you don't want to have yours worked on.

Quote Originally Posted by SpadezTX13 View Post
    any idea on his prices and if he does core exchanges? further information would be a great help here.... thanks...
    hes actually very reasonable...he built me a modified 49 dyna for 800$ with me getting him the 55 converter and such
    email me and i'll get you his phone number
    Jon
    nailheads forever

DYNAFLOW god

THE guy to rebuild dynaflows is
    JIM HUGHES
    PERRYSBURG, OHIO
    419-874-2393
    he has rebuilt on the shelf ready to go, or will rebuild yours, also buys cores
    nailheads forever

heres a good place that sells a adapter for the nailhead http://www.transmissionadapters.com/53-66_nailhead.htm

Thanks for posting this info.
    John
    Guyopel
    The early bird gets the worm but the second mouse always gets the cheese.