From the Reference Section:
- Buick Cams from Kenne Bell, 252, 231, 225,198, 196
- 225 V-6 Engine Specifications
    - 2 Less = More, Stage II V-6
- The Baker Buick V-6

Thread: 3800 Series II New Exhaust Manifold Option

3800 Series II New Exhaust Manifold Option

Hands down headers are the best thing you can do to let these engines breathe, but if you are not going all out performance or need to save some cash like I did ZZP now offers a front tubular Exhaust manifold to replace the stock cast iron piece. There are no performance #s up yet, but I am sure it will flow quite better than the stock cast iron piece. I got ported and polished exhaust manifolds, but if I had this option a few years back I probably would have got this instead. Here is a link http://www.zzperformance.com/grand_p...ts1.php?id=208

Thumbs up Gransport231...

I've seen your posts before and your Regal is tight! You ever take that thing to the track? I bet people flip out when they see a tricked 90's Buick. You got any 1/4 mile numbers?
    And the collection continues...
    1991 Century - JUICD 91
    1971 Skylark - COZY 71
    1964 LeSabre - LACED 64

Quote Originally Posted by 3.3 Man
    I've seen your posts before and your Regal is tight! You ever take that thing to the track? I bet people flip out when they see a tricked 90's Buick. You got any 1/4 mile numbers?
    Thanks, it is my daily driver and I take it to a lot of car shows and it does shock a lot of people. My other car is a 63 Impala 283 with a 3 Speed on the column pretty much all stock. I will say the "late model" Buick gets more attention than my classic, so I mix it up and take the Buick if there is a late model class. I mainly stay on the www.regalgs.org forum, but as of late have been back and forth. My cousin wants to have a grudge race against me with his Grand Prix GTP (that I modified), but it just seems when I get a chance to go somehow his or my plans change, at the very least I want to get it dynoed. I bought ported and polished manifolds over a year ago at the time I bought the hood and now of course they have a better option for that front bank. I just thought I would let people know since it should pretty much bolt up to any 3800 Series II NA or SC and I would think any make or model car since I don't think they changed the manifolds from one car to the next. The front manifold is by far the most restrictive since the rear is practically a tubular header. Even with porting there is not enough material to open up the front manifold to get close to the headers flow numbers, but now it should be closer.

Thumbs up Right on!

That's a bad *** daily. Good luck with you racing your cousin, let us all know how it turns out! The dyno too. I'll remember to ask you for advice if I ever get a Regal GS...by the way, did Buick make a 2001 Regal GS?
    1991 Century - JUICD 91
    1971 Skylark - COZY 71
    1964 LeSabre - LACED 64

The Regal GS in this style was built up from 97 1/2 till 04 so yes an 01 is possible. In case you are wondering about the GSX package it was an option package by SLP that was made from about 03-04, but it was only certain dealers that carried the package. Not all dealers knew about it and also older vehicles such as mine were able to be taken in and be converted either at the dealer or SLP in NJ. It was basically the same deal as the also now dead Pontiac Firebird Firehawks. The dealer would send the car out to SLP in NJ get the modifications done and send it back. The GSX's came in stages. Stock motor output is 240HP 280TQ. Stage 1 was adding 15HP to that with catback exhaust, and Cold Air Induction, along with all the exterior mods: spoiler, wheels, grill, badging. Stage 2 gave 20HP with a 180T-Stat and PCM reprogramming. Stage 3 gave 30 horse meaning 270HP with the addition of a 3.5" Pulley. I got the Stage 3 and modified from there. Too bad with the Regal now gone that SLP stopped production of the exterior parts for the Regal. The Pontiac GTP conversion "GTX Ram Air" was more popular and those parts are still being made.
    Last edited by Gransport231; 06-11-2006 at 10:18 AM.

Cool Gs

Thanks for all that info dude; I'll definitely have to save this thread for when I finally get my Regal GS. I've got a 71 Skylark, 81 Regal and 91 Custom Buick so far...I'm hoping to one day add this hot 01 Regal GS to the collection next.
    1991 Century - JUICD 91
    1971 Skylark - COZY 71
    1964 LeSabre - LACED 64