Who has the quickest Buick nailhead ?

Okay I want to know who out there has a fast nailhead! What does it do in the 1/4? I don't care what it's in, just as long as it's a NAILHEAD>

Hey Martin!

I have a '66 GS that has run a best of 13.41. It has a 425 with an old Isky 310 cam, Q jet carb, Kustom headers, Unilite and MSD 6A ignition. Tranny is a TH400, rear is a 4.11 12 bolt.
I built the motor back in '78 when I was a teenager, and it's now in its second car, which I've had since '82.
The combo hasn't been optimized yet, so I'm sure 12's are possible...

Thats easy: Tommy Ivo, 4 injected nailheads, in a 4 wheel drive dragster, check it out at www.nhra.com, then look thru the musem, until the hemis hit the rail/ funny car scene nothing could touch a nailhead.

WKillgs, sounds great, My '65 has done the best of 13.88. And Jake, I think the Twin was faster wasn't it?

------------------
Life long Buick fan,
1965 Gran Sport Conv.
1965 Skylark H/T
1948 Chevy P.U. with 401 in it.

You might be right, I can't remember the guys name, but the first rail to hit 200mph in the quarter was a twin nailhead.

was that Ivo?

killed to many brain cells sniffing nitro, and clorox fumes back then. haha.

I'd like to think so, but I don't think any nailhead ever hit 200, but I will look into it.

------------------
Life long Buick fan,
1965 Gran Sport Conv.
1965 Skylark H/T

Just learned that Ivos twin engine turned 193.89 in 8.29 around 1962. And there was another twin running two nailheads, inline (Ivos were side by side) that turned over 200 in the 7's.

------------------
Life long Buick fan,
1965 Gran Sport Conv.
1965 Skylark H/T

ivo.jpg

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MARTINSR:
Okay I want to know who out there has a fast nailhead! What does it do in the 1/4? I don't care what it's in, just as long as it's a NAILHEAD><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi I run a 425 Buick nailhead in a slingshot in uk. It runs 11s at the moment with Carter carbs but I,m thinking of changing for a single holley anyone got any ideas?

[This message has been edited by bob (edited 11-26-2001).]

Can you give us more of the specifics of your combination: weight, rear gear, trans gearing, tire size, trap speed and RPM, 60' times, distributor curve, compression, intake, cam specs, fuel system, ignition and any other important mods made to the engine? Then we can start to get somewhere!

------------------
Steve B.
GSCA #2173 (1986)
67 GS 525 Stg IV
66 GS Convertible
65 GS HT
63 Riv

Back