the days of enjoying old cars are gone

Sorry for the rant. We started the Friday night car gathering this past week. Hundreds of people bring their rides to the mall parking lot to show off weekly. This past week I watched a 1972 riveria get sold ...... sum 5 times in less then 7 minutes. An older man who bought the new off the lot in 72 , the ca dmv had told him his eyesight was getting too poor and refuused to issue a new license to drive. He and his son arrived at the car show and instantly people were all over the old rivi wanting to buy it. They decided to sell the car for 3500 usd to a man. Inside of two minutes this new buick owner had the car sold again for 5000 , a few more minutes again that guy sold the car for 8500 then these european guys came along and bought the car for 10,500 ... these guys had a laptop pc and had some buyer in denmark who was going to pay 25,000 for it plus shipping.

Sorry , just breaks my heart to see this. The days of enjoying an old car are gone. Its just a business today.

So all those people were walking around with that much cash on them? That's pretty hard to believe. Do you have any proof of any of this? I didn't think so....:jeez::jeez::jeez::jeez:

After going to the Hershey show this past October I can definitely see people carrying big cash at car events. Nothing produces results like cash on spot. I as a low budget blue collar man can't carry that amount of money to a good car event but people sure do. Seeing price tags in the car corral, you would need big cash to drive away. If I was a seller I'd settle for less cash then wait for checks to clear, cash is instant and guaranteed.

Back