Painted roof?

68 wildcat

Hi All, My '68 Wildcat is Brown with a sun baked White painted roof. I see no signs that it was a vinyl top car... no glue or anything caught under the window chrome etc. I think it may have always been painted that way, but I have no way of knowing. It clearly has the belt chrome like a vinyl top car, but what makes me wonder if it had a vinyl roof is the fact that the quarter panel seam is slightly visible and doesn't look properly finished when you look closely. I doubt my camera caught the light refraction ,but you might see what I mean. Quarter panels are original if that was your next question. Long story short, did these come with painted roofs in this era? I only had 1 twotone in the past, a 1953 Oldsmobile Super88.

GaryP7190022.JPGP7190021.JPGP7190020.JPG

The trim tag in your other thread shows paint code MC which is for Burnished Saddle Metallic (M) lower and Arctic White (C) upper two-tone paint.

Thanks Sean! The learning about this car has begun! I guess neatness where the roof joins the quarter panel was optional in these days.

Gary

Back