New Buick guy

Trax 53

Hello from Montana !! Just picked up a 53 Buick Special 8 2 door hardtop, very straight, runs pretty good, screaming deal so couldn't turn it down. Never owned a Buick before, of any year, let alone a 53, so I will have lots to learn about these classic old cars and this one I have. It needs a few things done, brakes, wiring, hoses, fuel system gone through, tranny leaks, etc, but it runs and drives, interior is very good, body straight with very minimal surface rust in a few places, engine starts right up (never saw a car that started by pushing on the gas pedal before, pretty cool), so for a winter project this will be great, and next summer we'll be cruising in maximum style. One question before I go, where is the VIN on this car? We found a tag on the driver's door post down low, but it's screwed on and doesn't look quite right, so is there another one somewhere or is this it? Thanks in advance, and I look forward to working on this car and learning about early 50's Buicks.

Hello from Montana !! Just picked up a 53 Buick Special 8 2 door hardtop, very straight, runs pretty good, screaming deal so couldn't turn it down. Never owned a Buick before, of any year, let alone a 53, so I will have lots to learn about these classic old cars and this one I have. It needs a few things done, brakes, wiring, hoses, fuel system gone through, tranny leaks, etc, but it runs and drives, interior is very good, body straight with very minimal surface rust in a few places, engine starts right up (never saw a car that started by pushing on the gas pedal before, pretty cool), so for a winter project this will be great, and next summer we'll be cruising in maximum style. One question before I go, where is the VIN on this car? We found a tag on the driver's door post down low, but it's screwed on and doesn't look quite right, so is there another one somewhere or is this it? Thanks in advance, and I look forward to working on this car and learning about early 50's Buicks.
Congrats and welcome! That sounds like the right tag. Now post some pics of your car!

The tag on the doorpost should be the same as the frame number. And Buick, and others, DID use screws in those far away days. Sometimes phillips, other times straight slotted. Depending upon which state the car was first registered in , the ENGINE number may have been used on the title.

Ben

Back