Need suggestions on 430 rebuild kits.

fastereddie

Getting the 67 numbers matching 430 running next couple days.

Not sure what the plan is for the car, but tempted to pull the motor and see what I've got.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

68 wildcat

Probably make more sense to get it running and see if it needs anything before you tear into it. Do a compression test, see how much play there is on the timing chain, and check for strange sounds etc.

fastereddie

Probably make more sense to get it running and see if it needs anything before you tear into it. Do a compression test, see how much play there is on the timing chain, and check for strange sounds etc.
We got her running and didn't like what we heard. Wrist pin, connecting rod, maybe...metal flecks in the oil filter that we cut apart, and some serious clanking going on so it's coming out.

Anyone have a favorite rebuild kit they like and can suggest?

California car so all the smog stuff will come off and be stored. Any thoughts on blocking the exhaust passage on the manifold right under the carb?

Haven't worked on a Riv before, any 430 specific advice? Steps not to miss, any "must do's"? Not building a beast but definitely want all 360HP and 475 Tq outta this baby!

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk