Hi Buick Fans!

Wanted to say hi to all of you, and thank you for allowing me to be a part of your group. When I got my Buick I was in need of info. about my car, looked to the internet and found you. I enjoyed the reading,and can appreciate the enthusiasm that many of you are showing in your writings. I do have my Buick for sale here, but in a perfect world I would keep it, as it has turned out to be quite a time machine! Enjoy every minute of it...Bob

Sorry you aren't keeping your Buick. As you say, in a perfect world. When I got my Buick Wildcat as a gift, I didn't know what I was getting into. Now, I love my car, even with all the work I have to do to her, and all the work that I have done so far.

Hi Chuck..Sounds like you're going to have a fun summer. Looking forward to any good weather here, as I drive this Beast every chance I get. I use it as my work truck when someone needs a hand with their mechanical work. I pull the passenger bucket seat, put plywood over the rear seat springs, load her down trunk, passenger compartment and all! I just love the reactions when you pull up to a light, and all eyes are on you, trying to figure out what the Hell? Lol...Bob

And a fun time was had by all! I used to be a Contract Cable Splicer for AGT (Alberta Government Telephones) in the late 80's during their ILS Program (Individual Line Service, getting rid of party lines in the rurals). I used to drive a 1980 Datsun diesel King Cab Pickup with a canopy. In that truck, I really got some looks. It was a great truck, but eventually proved too small to work out of. I found a 1984 Dodge Ram Van that had been used by a Gas Company in Ontario. It was set up with Bins, a divider behind the seats and a propane holder. It was great, except I kept getting mistaken for an AGT employee. I took it to a store during on of my 15 minute breaks and a lady came running up to me, complaining that the plow crew cut her line. I tried to tell her I wasn't an employee and couldn't help her. I told her to call AGT, she screamed "How, you cut my line!". After ten minutes of getting yelled at, I tossed her a quarter, pointed to a payphone and told her "Call someone who cares, I don't work for AGT." Wasted my whole break and didn't get my drink as I had to get back to work. Sometimes, I don't miss working, other times, I yearn for my job.

But I digress. Yes, I am going to love driving and working on my car. I have the parts for the engine, a new fuel sending unit and I am going to purchase the paint. I love working on this car. I never thought I would. Surprise, when you don't have to fix it to get to work, it become a fun hobby!

Back