Beware of new member ollischris742 he is a scammer.

cjp69

Hey contacted me (message below) about contacting a friend with a part I need. I googled his "friend", known scam.

Hey buddy if you are still interested in getting a nice 1967 Buick GS star wars air cleaner assembly,I have a friend of mine that has that for sale for a decent price. You can kindly contact him up for price and pictures if still interested.

Danielpetreson7@gmail.com

Good luck buddy

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately this has become more prevalent on almost every forum that I visit with some of these types of warnings becoming stickies.
Apparently Caveat Emptor has greater meaning than ever before.
I even had scammer contact me on a different forum but they were quickly blocked by very active mods.
Bottom line if someone is offering you Exactly what you're looking for Significantly cheaper than it should be it's a scam...period. No matter where they are in the country tell them you want to come by and see the item then check their reaction. It will speak volumes as to their character.

I went through the "scam website purgatory" while searching for my Riviera. It's amazing to what length these scumbags will go to steal from people. I quickly learned if it's sounds to good to be true, it isn't! I would happily pay a few more dollars in taxes if the Feds would create an aggressive, counter-scammer organization that would hunt down the scammers, telemarketers, etc.

I banned ollischris742 this morning and now I see cjp69's post has been scrambled. It looks like ollischris742 may have been back about noon.
If it's OK with cjp69 I will try to edit his post and clean it back up, but I could fail...
Two of his IPs I can ban without problem, but two are in the eastern US and I don't like banning those because it can affect other users.

Back