- Buick 300/340 Casting Numbers
- 215 sports car and Indy racing
    - Affordable Aluminum V-8's
- Buick 215 Engine Specifications
- Buick 300, 340 Engine Specifications
- How To Hot Rod Any Engine – Engine Tech

Thread: Casting #'s on 215 & 300 aluminum intakes

Casting #'s on 215 & 300 aluminum intakes

Spent half an hour searching for casting #'s for any/all 4bbl aluminum intakes for 215 and 300 engines, and I give up...

Last couple years there's been what I believe is a 215 aluminum intake at a local swap meet, and I'm considering making the guy an offer. But, I don't know the diff between a 215 and 300 alum intake. Can someone post the intake casting #'s for them? I had written down the # from that intake, but seem to have lost it, so I can't just post it here. Can some help me out with #'s, and an idea of current values? I recall it looked like it had never been used. I'm planning on checking it out again, I think it's a February meet. Might have to pick it up if I can get a reasonable price. I hate to see it sitting among all those Chevy parts year after year...
    David Gramlow
    1968 GS350

BPG
    BCA

Ok, so I did some ebay searching instead, and found a few intakes listed, and can see the obvious design differences between 215/300 engines. Now to watch for final bid figures and figure out if it will be worth my time to pick up this one locally to resell. Not interested in making any real $$ on it, I just want to rescue it from the hands of a Chevy dude... and I figure I can find someone running one of those engines that would be interested.
    David Gramlow
    1968 GS350

BPG
    BCA

Yes, the difference can be seen in the head torque page here:

http://www.buicks.net/shop/reference/torque.html

I am sure you looked at these casting numbers,

http://www.buicks.net/shop/reference...g_numbers.html

They are by no means complete. I have a 300 with an aluminum 4bbl intake in my storage. When I get over to my shop (just got wacked up by a doctor) I will try to remember to post the intake casting number for you.

Good luck,
    If you would llike to place an image of your car in your signature, click here for instructions
    WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!

Red face ... Doh!! ...

Thanks Bob, don't know how I missed that casting #'s link.

One guy with a 215 intake on Ebay says his casting # is 1349520, and another guy says his has no number on it at all.

Any idea on values of a 215 and 300 aluminum 4bbl intake, nice and cleaned up? I think the swap meet guy has had an $80 tag on his every year. I'm afraid my photographic memory has failed me, don't recall which one he has, but I do remember he also did not know which it was for.
    David Gramlow
    1968 GS350

BPG
    BCA

Thumbs up

Hi David,
    That 300 aluminum intake of mine, which is sitting in your garage, cost me $103.00 plus shipping.
    I've been looking for one for a while now, most have been going for around $100.00 and up. Missed out on a couple earlier this year when I was on the road a lot. There was one on ebay recently with a $100.00 buy it now. It didn't appear to last the duration.

If you can get it for $80.00 or less, you should at least make a few bucks on it.

BTW, I'll get hold of you later this week as to when I'm coming down to pick it up, still sorting out my travel plans.
    Tom B
    65 Gran Sport

Wink

Hey Tom, don't know why I didn't think to ask you about yours! Thanks for the $$ info. BTW, we are heading down to Brookings SD for the coming weekend. If you might be coming thru, I think you mentioned the 18th/19th earlier, I can arrange to leave your intake with Ed, if he'll be around. Otherwise, I can put it in a safe place where you can get at it here at my house, along with your rubber wheel chocks. You could just drop a 10 in my mailbox in an envelope, close enough for me. Let me know your plans ASAP, so I can get your stuff ready. We'll be heading out of town right after work on Friday.
    David Gramlow
    1968 GS350

BPG
    BCA

David,Mine is aparently already on the list and is a '64 aluminium #1359122V
    If you would llike to place an image of your car in your signature, click here for instructions
    WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!

Quote Originally Posted by rcull
    David,Mine is aparently already on the list and is a '64 aluminium #1359122V
    Thanks Bob! Tom, that's the # on yours too. And thanks for the envelope in the maibox. Did you have to shovel any snow to get at your boxes?
    David Gramlow
    1968 GS350

BPG
    BCA

Quote Originally Posted by dg-gs350
    Thanks Bob! Tom, that's the # on yours too. And thanks for the envelope in the maibox. Did you have to shovel any snow to get at your boxes?
    No snow shovelling needed Dave, I woulda just plowed right on through regardless. (on foot of course)

I figured a small "tip" was in order for your efforts, that and I recall you saying the wheel chocks cost $6.00 each, I just couldn't let you take a loss on them. lol

Too bad we just missed each other.
    Tom B
    65 Gran Sport