- 215 sports car and Indy racing
    - Affordable Aluminum V-8's
- Buick 215 Engine Specifications
- Buick 300, 340 Engine Specifications
- How To Hot Rod Any Engine – Engine Tech

Thread: Buick 225 ci v-6 odd fire engine

Question Buick 225 ci v-6 odd fire engine

Hello,

I have a customer that says he has a Buick 225 ci v-6 odd fire engine in a cj5 1961 willys Jeep. He says he cannot find out where the oil dipstick, tube or opening in the block is for an oil dipstick. Is there anyone out there that might have a picture and/or a diagram that would show where the dipstick is and actually goes into the engine block?

I have been searching my databases for a picture or discription of where the oil dipstick is for 4 days, on and off and I cannot seem to come up with the information for him. So I thought I would ask you all if you might be able to help.

He also says he thinks the Buick 225 V-6 came out of a 1963 Buick. It is called a "dauntless" 225 cubic inch oddfire engine.

Please let me know if you have any information about this subject.

Thank You very kindly,
    Sincerely,
    Dale

It is on the left side , below #3 and #5 spark plugs. The hole is in the block deck.

AMC bought the V6 engine design from Buick and used it for awhile as an OEM engine in the Jeeps. Buick then bought it back in the early 70's. Jeep called it the "Dauntless". If the engine says that on it then it is probably a Jeep engine and not a Buick produced engine. Buick made engines should interchange with AMC made engines.

Smile Thank You both Very Much !

I want to "Thnak both of you fella's for helping me out here. Let me know if I can ever help you. My profile at JustAnswers.com is at: http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=19741685&FID=0

If either of you know of a source where he could purchase the lower and upper tubes and dipstick, I would appreciate knowing that as well.

Have a Blessed Day & "Thanks Again for your help"
    Sincerely
    Dale

Buick made engines DO interchange but the oem Jeep stuff , but Jeep used much heavier flywheels. The 225 is an odd fire engine and has a rough firing order.

A 78 or newer 231 or 4.1L would have a split throw crank and run much smoother.
    The way to crush the bourgeoisie is to grind them between the millstones of taxation and inflation.
    Vladimir Lenin

Government schooling is about "the perfect organization of the hive."
    H.H. Goddard, Human Efficiency (1920)

Kaiser bought the V6 from Buick and built the Dauntless, not AMC. After the takeover, AMC sold the V6 back to Buick.

Large archive of odd fire V6 info can be found here: www.earlycj5.com/forums

I don't think there is an upper or lower tube for the dip stick. like the 300, the dip stick fits into the block flush

There is a dipstick tube. There were two different diameters and lengths used. Here are a couple theads:
    http://www.earlycj5.com/forums/search.php?searchid=8645

Post a wanted ad in the classifieds here:
    http://www.earlycj5.com/forums/forum...-6-Classifieds