- Buick 300/340 Casting Numbers
- 215 sports car and Indy racing
    - Affordable Aluminum V-8's
- Buick 215 Engine Specifications
- Buick 300, 340 Engine Specifications
- How To Hot Rod Any Engine – Engine Tech

Thread: Help>>>need 300 oil pan

Question Help>>>need 300 oil pan

Im rebuilding a 64 300 11:1 compression motor for my skylark and i got my oil pan back from the shop and found 2 tiny pin holes right thru the bottom......YIKES.......anyone out there have a spare layin around i could purchase let me know.......THX GUYS>>>>>>

is the whole pan pretty rotted or is it mostly in good shape?

if it's just those two pinholes i'd say weld it up and grind it back smooth.

also, if it's just a section of the pan that's rotten you can cut that out and patch it. just check the pan with gasoline after you're done to make sure you haven't left a pinhole of your own in one of your welds.
    Last edited by bob k. mando; 01-25-2009 at 04:12 PM.
    The way to crush the bourgeoisie is to grind them between the millstones of taxation and inflation.
    Vladimir Lenin

Government schooling is about "the perfect organization of the hive."
    H.H. Goddard, Human Efficiency (1920)

The rest of the pan doesnt look to bad.....a little cancer on the sides....doesnt look as deep as the cancer on the bottom where the pin holes are.....i thought about the same fix and then maybe a powdercoat as a final seal......but then that little man in my head reminds me about the money im sinkin into the heads and short block on the rebuild and i ask myself.....do i wanna put that crappy pan back on or try to find a nice southern pan........what problems we car guys make for ourselves.....

300 oil pan

Have lotsa parts Too cold and far to drive rite now. Send Priv/message if interested Best Regards, Greg J.