need assistance '61-62 Skylark and Special owners (tire and wheel)

Buickspec6231

Hello fellow compact Buick owners. I have a favor to ask of someone who owns one of these cars and has the stock suspension and stock sized wheels on the vehicle (15" prefered, but 13" will also give me some good info.) I am swapping in a different front suspension and a different rear axle on my project vehicle. I have a plan on using the stock Buick Regal T-Type wheels on my car, but I am not sure if there is clearance in the wheel wells. What I am requesting is for someone to take a few quick measurements on their vehicle for me. What I am interested in knowing is... #1- How much clearance is there from the outside of the front fender lip to the outside of the tire sidewall? #2- Same measurement except for the rear suspension. The stock suspension is long gone in my car, so I am unable to take the measurements.

I am still mocking up the suspension fitment and am just curious to see if the T-Type wheels are even a possibility before I invest too much time and money on that idea.

Also, if you have 15" wheels on your car, what width, backspacing, and tire size are you running without modifications to the unibody (unit-body).

Thanks a bunch,

~Dan

Last edited:
Back