Hot Rod magazine: Hemi Vs Stage 1, need volunteers

bob k. mando

Team Member
reposting from another Buick forum. Dave Dudek is looking for a Stage 1 or 2 Buick to race him under F.A.S.T rules + racing slicks.

if we can find some (a) volunteers you'll get national magazine coverage and the opportunity to defend the Buick standard.

the general consensus on the other boards is that we'll have to present a factory Stage 2 in order to be competitive as we'll have to have cast intake, stock carb and cast heads. headers don't typically qualify under the F.A.S.T. rules but if they're going to allow us Stage 2 heads they're going to have to allow us headers. it's impossible to make an exhaust manifold bolt up to a S2 head. Hot Rod is already making an exception to the F.A.S.T. rules by doing this on slicks (F.A.S.T. stands for Factory Appearing Stock Tire).

"I figured this might be one of the best possible places to post this. I`ve been contacted by Hot Rod magazine and they are looking to do a full bore "Hemi vs Buick Shoot-Out". It will be a Hot Rod magazine Exclusive including private track rental ect. This will truly be a chance of a life time given the sheer number of subscribers and news stand sales Hot Rod has. More than likely the shoot-out will take place in the month of Sept, so there`s plenty of prep time. Basically the F.A.S.T. rules will apply and the shoot-out will take place on slicks.

The mopar running will be my 69 Hemi Road Runner. (Dads old car) and were looking for anybody with a Buick who would like a shot at one of these shoot-outs. This was gonna be huss-huss until it hit the news stands but after we contacted a few Buick guy`s we have had no luck trying to locate somebody. This is our last ditch effort.

Please e-mail me if your instrested:
hemidave1@aol.com "

anybody willing to step up?

Back