- Ancient mid 12's secrets for your Buick *350*
- Poston Camshafts, Buick 350
    - 350 casting Numbers
- Buick 350 Drag Strip Tests from Kenne-Bell
- 350 Engine Specifications

Thread: '69 Lark- Help an engine newbie with PCV question

fsugator Guest

Question '69 Lark- Help an engine newbie with PCV question

Just recently got into muscle car fever....know some about engines but bought my '69 lark with a 350-2 in order to learn more.....My problem is that the guys who owned this before me cut and/or simply removed a lot of wires, hoses, etc....it's still mildly driveable but I'd rather fix some stuff first. My problem right now is with the PCV system. Had a PCV valve barely sitting in the valve cover hole (passenger side) with no hose leading anywhere....so I bought a new PCV valve and grommet and hose......I can handle that part no problem....BUT where the heck does the breather hose go that completes the system?? Another thing this car "came with" is the breather filter coming out the side of the air cleaner BUT of course no hose leading anywhere.....correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the drivers's side valve cover supposed to handle that hose from there? (my driver side valve cover has no hole for that). Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have a friend who just did a total frame off rest. of his '70 Dodge Challenger with 383, and this baffles him as well. PLEASE help me! thanks!
    Richard

howal Guest

on GM PCV

On a lot of GM engines the year, engine cid, division, or any number of other reasons determined where the PCV was located. This is inconsequential the only neccessary fact is that the hose leading from the valve be connected to the proper port at the front of the carb(esp. 4 bbl, not too familiar with 2bbl, I always convert my manifolds). Anyway hope this helps. Get a vacuum diagram for your carb and it should show you.

Peace.

fsugator Guest

thanks, and I finally found out myself, too

Thanks for the info howal.....also was able to find out more on my own at a cruise in with several GS's there. Darn PCV comes out behind the intake manifold and hooks into the carburetor from behind....breather comes out of air cleaner and hooks into that hole in pass. side valve cover....idiots I bought car from had 2 PCV valves on this darn engine. amazing.