- Buick 455 Drag Strip Tests from Kenne-Bell
    - Buick 400, 430, 455 Engine Specifications
- Buick Staging Chart
- Differences Between 1970-71 And 1972 and Later Type Block
- Head Flow Chart
- Cam Button

Thread: oil psi problems

oil psi problems

hi out there my 455 its oil psi is about 45 at idle and when i look in valve cover i don't see the amount of oil that shod be there no oil flowing its a rebuilt motor i am thinking of getting that adjustable oil psi regulator to help ???? input wood be vary help full thanks rudybdog

You don't need more than 45 psi at an idle to push more oil than necessary to the top of the engine. If you are not getting enough oil, I think, it could only be caused by restriction.

You could check your gauge by screwing in a mechanical one.

WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!

oil problum

so it sounds like i mite have a problem i will test this tomorrow and git back to you. wood you do me a faver. with a flashlight look in oil fill hole and let me know how much oil you see flowing in there i wood think there wood be a small stream running past. and oil flinging around in there i hop that's not asking to muck what the hell can be casing this ??? i had it rebuilt they better have flushed the block the thermostat stuck and heated up the block a bit but could that have anything to do with it. my book seas there's a screen in the line some ware it dosent show it at all .thank you for your help. rudybdog ps i will put pics of my riv boat taile

That oil pressure is good.
    Are you getting ticking sounds when it is running? Or other internal engine noise?
    86 GN, all factory options, engine build in progress
    72 Skylark Convertible, 462, TH 400
    72 GSX Clone 464, TH400, 3:42. 10.71 @126mph best

We build GM carburetors and specialize in custom built Quadrajets

www.quadrajetpower.com
    mark@quadrajetpower.com

oil psi ok no oil to lifters

Quote Originally Posted by carmantx View Post
    That oil pressure is good.
    Are you getting ticking sounds when it is running? Or other internal engine noise?
    no rocker clatter of the lifters or any thing else sines i tightened up the torque converter its just the lack of oil under the valve cover did you git a chance to look in your cover ?? i still wood like to now how much oil is flowing in the cover considering we have about the same psi the flow should be the same to ?? by the way i put pics of my 72 RIV and the 1946 Chevy i built but when i came back to the site they were not there and i rodent sine in i finely got back in and did it one more time i only got in because i came in on your email. "thanks for your help"

Are you taking your valve cover off to assess the oil flow, or are you just looking through the filler cap hole?

WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!