Thread: 1965 riviera front lower inner bushes where from and how hard is the job ??

Cool 1965 riviera front lower inner bushes where from and how hard is the job ??

The hydraulic suspension travels have seen the bushes on my recently acquired Riviera Paradise say goodbye so I need new ones....I think rubber rather than urethane ???? Where can I get these and any comments on the job much appreciated....do they press out and in easily.... ( the car has rams so the coil loading when lowering the arm won't be an issue )

thanks for help on this

The bushings are a fairly heavy press fit and you need to be careful where you apply force so as not to bend the control arm. You might want to take the control arms to a machine shop, where they will have the proper equipment to do the job without damaging any of the parts.

Bushings are available here, and probably other vendors as well.
    http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/x,ca...,parttype,7532

Ray

Bushes

Thanks for the link for the bushes....unlike my Cadillacs etc the lower arm on these aren't like a A arm with a pin ... it looks like you pull the bolt out then drop the control arm then the bush/bushes press in / out of the cross member .

If you are talking about the control arm, and not the strut, remove the bolt and the control arm will come out with the bushing still in it.

Here is the suspension section from the 66 service manual, which I believe is the same as 65.
    http://www.teambuick.com/reference/l...files/30-b.pdf

Ray

Front bushes just done

Quote Originally Posted by raycow View Post
    If you are talking about the control arm, and not the strut, remove the bolt and the control arm will come out with the bushing still in it.

Here is the suspension section from the 66 service manual, which I believe is the same as 65.
    http://www.teambuick.com/reference/l...files/30-b.pdf

Ray
    my 65 isn't the same as the bushes are in the crossmember...I used a reciprocating saw to cut the bush outer sleeve to allow removal