- Buick 400, 430, 455 Engine Specifications
- Buick Staging Chart
- Differences Between 1970-71 And 1972 and Later Type Block
- Head Flow Chart
- Cam Button
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Race Results

Race Results

WELL AFTER TRYING TO SANDBAG, IN THE HEAT RACE. I JUST WANTED TO WIN A TROPHY. ANOUT HALF WAY THRU I SAW A GUY LEAVE THE TRACK IN HIS $15000 CAR, AT THIS POINT I WAS JUST CRUISING ALONG , NOT REALLY GETTING INTO THE GAS TOO MUCH. I KNEW ID HAVE A HARD TIME BEATING HIM, SO I STEPPED IT UP. NEXT THING I KNOW IM IN 3RD PLACE, WORKING ON SECOND. WELL, IF I HAD 1 MORE LAP, LOL.

I MADE THE A-MAIN, I HAVE ONLY DONE THIS ONE OTHER TIME, AND FINISHED LAST (OLDS POWERED). I WAS EXCITED, SINCE I WANT REALLY RUNNING THAT HARD.

THE RACE STARTS, IM IN THE BACK. 15 LAPS, I JUST WORK MY WAY THRU. PASSING CARS I NEVER DREAMED ID BE ABLE TO EVEN RUN WITH. ACTUALLY I WASNT JUST PASSING THEM, I WAS BLOWING THIER DOORS OFF. I HAD SUCH A BAD START THAT 2 OF THE FASTER CARS($10000 +) WERE WAY OUT IN FRONT, I WAS GAINING ON THEM, BUT NOT FAST ENUF. I FINISHED IN 3RD . MY BEST RACE TO DATE.

THEN WE HAD A FUN RUN, ANYONE CAN RUN STOCK OR SUPER STOCK. WE STARTED WITH 6, I AGAIN FINISHED 3RD. I WAS BEAT BY 2 SUPER STOCK CARS, WITH OVER $15000 IN EACH. IT TOOK THE WINNER 8 LAPS TO CATCH ME AND THE SECOND PLACE GUY 9 1/2. I AM VERY HAPPY WITH THIS SINCE I HAVE LESS THAN $1000 IN MY CAR.

I WOULD LIKE TO THANK ALL YOU GUYS FOR HELPING.
    MY NEXT RACE IS JUNE 7TH.
    I HAVE A CARB ISSUE, I BELIEVE IT IS RUNNING OUT OF FUEL. IF I FEATHER THE THROTTLE IT WILL START RUNNING AGAIN.
    I AM RUNNING A HOLLEY 800 DOUBLE PUMPER SPREADBORE, COULD I HAVE POPPED THE POWER VALVE, OR IS THERE SOMETHING ELSE I SHOULD LOOK AT?
    OTHER THAN THIS IT RAN FLAWLESS.

THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL YOUR HELP

JENER

PS I WILL POST THE VIDEO AS SOON AS I GET IT

I BELIEVE IT IS RUNNING OUT OF FUEL. IF I FEATHER THE THROTTLE IT WILL START RUNNING AGAIN.

are you running a stock fuel pump? TA offers a Stage 1 style pump for $50 that is supposed to support 450hp as well as an aftermarket unit for $80 that is supposed to support 500hp.

other measures to take:
    make sure the sock filter over the fuel pickup is clean. if replacing use the largest one feasible

or

add an aftermarket oversize fuel filter canister ( like for diesel or a boat or something ) so there's less flow restriction

run an oversize fuel line, 1/2" diameter or something

raise the float level a little bit

WELL AFTER TRYING TO SANDBAG, IN THE HEAT RACE.

what, you guys invert the full field from the heats? COOL! that's the way real racers do it. not this pansy *** heads up on the qualifying order crap that NASCAR does.

now we've just got to get you man enough to voluntarily start at the back in every race.

i take it you're running "stock" class?

I WASNT JUST PASSING THEM, I WAS BLOWING THIER DOORS OFF.

ain't that Buick torque something?

PS I WILL POST THE VIDEO AS SOON AS I GET IT

sweet. will look forward to it.
    The way to crush the bourgeoisie is to grind them between the millstones of taxation and inflation.
    Vladimir Lenin

Government schooling is about "the perfect organization of the hive."
    H.H. Goddard, Human Efficiency (1920)

speaking of stage one pumps, was it you who was saying to run the stage one pump WITH a electric pump in the tank bob? or was that someone else?

-jeff-
    68 Skylark 455
    70 Volkwagen Bus Type II
    88 Riviera
    06 Mustang V6
    06 Dodge Charger R/T
    07 Yamaha Vstar Custom

someone else.

but there are plenty of people running push-me-pull-you setups in their fuel systems.

it's against his rule book though.
    The way to crush the bourgeoisie is to grind them between the millstones of taxation and inflation.
    Vladimir Lenin

i got no morals when it comes to spanking some yutz with a civic, the harder i beat them, the funnier it is haha

so does this push and pull method work well?

-jeff-
    68 Skylark 455
    70 Volkwagen Bus Type II
    88 Riviera
    06 Mustang V6
    06 Dodge Charger R/T
    07 Yamaha Vstar Custom

so does this push and pull method work well?

it serves a purpose if your engine requires somewhat more fuel than can be provided through a normal on-block pump and you want to upgrade to a modern tank.

if you aren't having fuel starvation problems already it won't serve any purpose though. you'll just be throwing more fuel back down the return line into the tank. and, of course, for a full race ( 700+ hp, block girdled, etc ) big block you'll have already invested in a full on race pump of some type with a gph rating matched to exceed your motors dyno test.

part of Jener's issue is that in a closed circuit race high load cornering ( and in his AMX stuff, jumps and whoop-tee-doo's ) is sloshing the fuel all over the bowl or packing it up against one side or the other. you won't see any of that on a straight line drag strip. that's why i'm recommending that he eliminate as many fuel line bottle necks as possible, he needs to keep his bowl well fed.
    Vladimir Lenin

ill get the ta pump

that was my next question, abuot the pump. i ordered a stock one from oreillys, but i think the ta pump would be better.

my wife has me running my *** off since the race, and i havent been able to get the video on the pc.

i will also get the canister filter, i osed to have one and it really worked good, the 1/2 inch line was also on the list

you know, i feel even better about this than i did saturday.
    i was running with some very expensive cars , and not getting thumped . im even considering putting headers on it and running super stock .

thanks again
    jener

the reason for sandbagging

all i wanted to do was get a trophy. we draw numbers for starting position. the lower the nmber the better closer to the front. i drew some horrible numbers and was in the back. i was just wanting to make the b main, so i could run with the slower cars, and bring home a trophy. since there isnt one here to decorate the house

and the winner of the b main can move up to the a main if he chooses. keeping the trophy but not the money

i got 2 new sponsors, since i did so well. i tell ya what, this buick thing is awesome

jener

i got 2 new sponsors

dammit man! way to go!
    Vladimir Lenin

which fuel pump?

which pump from ta would you reccommend the 50 or 80 dollars one
    i am planning on upgrading my cam this winter too