56' Buick dealer trim catalog

knuck

been watchin this thing here and it's gettin PLENTY of action. the first I have ever seen . started at 10 bucks. up to 349 bucks now and still got 5 days to go. must be a VERY oddball piece of automobile history. BTW I have been lookin for them side trim pieces that go on the back edges of my front seats. for a 46R. any leads would be nice. I have never seen them on ebay. and I have been lookin.

Re: 1956 Buick Catalog

:wavey: Hey Knuck!

How U' Dion'!? What U' been UP to!?

I have NEVER say one of those Catalogs before and I have been cruisin' this e-bay thing on a Daily basis for a number of years.

I never knew anything like that even existed! :confused:

There is a lot of activity on it and there seems to be a bidding war going on between 6 participents. I wonder how far they are going to go with this.

I'm a bottom feeder and that is way too expensive for my blood! :coo:

I quess the Catalog even has Fabric Samples as well a Color Combos and Trim Packages.

It will be interesting to see what happens!

Regards, :beers:

Tom Gallagher

trim catalog

unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the book went for a astounding $716 bucks. good for him. got a very rare piece of automobilia. probably cost me 50 bucks to just look at it.

Trim Catalog

Quite remarkable indeed! :eek:

If a Vendor/Supplier bought it he would have the real deal to reproduce materials. :thumbsup:

That's the only thing that I could figure would warrant such an inflated price. :confused:

Just my thoughts

Regards, :beers:

Tom Gallagher

Dealer Colour and Trim Manuals

The Colour & Trim Manual was used by dealerships to show potential buyers or customers what colour and trim options were available on any given model for a specific year. Smaller salesman Feature Manuals were also available so the sales staff would know what options and features were available on the entire product line. Dealerships also had the yearly brochures in copious quantities to hand out to potential buyers. These manuals were only good for one year, and were replaced with a new version the following model year, and the old versions were simply tossed out. Many of them were quite well used and pages went missing, or the colour chips got misplaced, or the carpet samples came unglued as they were handled by a lot of viewers.
As a result, pristine complete Dealer Manuals are not that easy to find, as many did not survive after the model year ended. Hence they are a scarce commodity, and they can command big $$$$$$$$$$ from people who collect automobilia history, or specific model year literature !
Here's a pic of a '69 Buick Color & Trim Dealer Manual - as you can see the 130+ pages are 3 hole punched, and inserted into a special 3 ring binder, and cover every Buick model for 1969, complete with paint color chips and vinyl top samples at the rear of the book.

Last edited:
Back