1950 Radio

sconnors

My radio in my 1950 turns on and I can hear noise and the antenna is up, but other than static I can't get anything. Any input?

1950 radio

When you turn it on, does it hummm? If not the vibrator is stuck. It is the big metal can inside the radio. Pull it straigt out, and strike it on you hand with several sharp blows. This should open up the vibrator points. Put back in radio, making sure to line up the prongs on the vibrator with the holes in the radio chasis.

If this doesn't work the antenna may be disconnected from the radio, and the trimmer needs adjustment.

If you can get the radio to humm and still no stations check antana and OZ4 tube it is usualy metal and smaller than the vibrater If you need help call me . #417-751-3828 ask for skip.

1950 radio

Removing such a radio would give one a chance to check its overall condition, and blow away any dust accumulation. To remove its two nuts behind the volumne and station selector, and under the dash two bolts, the power line and the antennae. I Guess, if you are able, a crawl under the dash is on the agenda.

Back