- Buick 400, 430, 455 Engine Specifications
- Buick Staging Chart
- Differences Between 1970-71 And 1972 and Later Type Block
- Head Flow Chart
- Cam Button

Thread: Oil Filter Thread??

HARVESTOROFSORROW79 Guest

Oil Filter Thread??

does anyone know what the threading is on the oil filter assembly...im looking into relocating the oil filter for easier changing...ebay seems to have an abundance of kits and i wanna make sure i get one that works??

OLe JIM Guest

OIl filter Thread?

Quote Originally Posted by HARVESTOROFSORROW79
    does anyone know what the threading is on the oil filter assembly...im looking into relocating the oil filter for easier changing...ebay seems to have an abundance of kits and i wanna make sure i get one that works??
    HARVESTEROFSORROW79--I my yrs as a Mechanic I have Expert Proff that ALL None Full flow Oil filters! {the ones added to any Engine} & NOT a Part of the engines Oil system are NOT very Effective!--Example! even the Big Chrome Oil filters WE see on Big Trucks--only Add a couple of gallons of OIL to the engines Oil system! as in Big Trucks! I do a lot on Marine Engines & I Remove all the External Oil filters I find on Boat engines as their just another possible Leak? problem! & I also Remove or Plug all the large Chrome External Oil filters on the Big Trucks that I work ON! as NONE of the ADD on Filters are very Effeicent in really cleaning the OIL as Advertised! & I Modify & remove all the Air Filters on the Boats I work ON as theres Not any Dirt nor Dust on the Water! soAir filters are NOT needed on the Water! as Common Scense! Dictates All of the Above! Ole JIM

HARVESTOROFSORROW79 Guest
    while i do appreciate your info ol' jim ive got to tell you that the other day i went to take the oil filter off and there's absolutely hardly any room to take it out...you see ive got a 455 stuffed in a 81 regal and the peeps who did the last oil change used a filter slightly bigger than the one i had on there...( not even sure how they got it to fit and i hope it didnt mess the threads up ) anycase this is the reason for my wanting to relocate the oil filter.

2 cents

the carquest filter made by wix #85258 is 13/16-16 thread i had a cooler on my car for years. is it another place to leak yes does chevy make most
    of there cars with the filter relocated yes they do. sure it will be something you have to watch like anything else use good parts (good high pressure thick wall hose) and you check them when you change the
    oil filter no big deal.

that my 2 cents