Thread: Anyone own a 1947 Sedanet ?

Anyone own a 1947 Sedanet ?

I have a 1947 Buick Special 2 dr Sedanet with body style 4407. The rear trunk lip is rusted out beyond recognition. Does anyone own one of these cars that would be willing to share a photograph or two of the lip? Dimensions would also be a big help.

Thanks

1947 Sedanet trunk

I have a 1946 Sedanet, I can offer either photos of the trunk, or the trunk itself. It is in fair shape, not rusted, but at some time in the car's life it had the inner frame cut out and rewelded. Only $25 plus shipping and it's yours. Let me know.

OLe JIM Guest

1947 Sedanet

Quote Originally Posted by P.A. Todd
    I have a 1947 Buick Special 2 dr Sedanet with body style 4407. The rear trunk lip is rusted out beyond recognition. Does anyone own one of these cars that would be willing to share a photograph or two of the lip? Dimensions would also be a big help.

Thanks
    TODD I have a 47 Pontiac 2 dr fast back which I beleive the Trunks are the Same? w/ the excetption of the Wide Chrome running its full length--w/ a number of Holes! which Hold the Chrome On! any One know? for SURE? Ole JIM

Quote Originally Posted by OLe JIM
    TODD I have a 47 Pontiac 2 dr fast back which I beleive the Trunks are the Same? w/ the excetption of the Wide Chrome running its full length--w/ a number of Holes! which Hold the Chrome On! any One know? for SURE? Ole JIM
    According to a body manual I have, the Pontiac Streamliner models 2607 & 2607D are the same as Buick model 4407.
    Fisher Body description is a "07 Style Dynamic Coupe, "B" Type.

The VIN plate on the firewall should indicate the body style.

Thanks for the reply.

Quote Originally Posted by RON STEFFEN
    I have a 1946 Sedanet, I can offer either photos of the trunk, or the trunk itself. It is in fair shape, not rusted, but at some time in the car's life it had the inner frame cut out and rewelded. Only $25 plus shipping and it's yours. Let me know.
    Please send pictures. If it is a fit, I am definitely interested in the part.

Thanks for the reply.

Quijote Guest

Yoy have a REAL beauty anyway.

I own a resplendent, never molested, '47 'Nette, the beautiest car today in the sunny Spain. Be prepared for going desperately slow (Slipaflow), and feel you like steering a three-pole cruiser down the road.
    ¡¡Congratulations!!

Quijote Guest

Uh-uh! Wrong year:

Mine is 1949, ex-Texan, original metalflake dark green, SILK upholstery. Newly rebuilt engine in Paris (France) 8500 USD two years ago.

1946 Trunk lid

Let me know what your E-mail address is and I will send some to you. I am located in Wisconsin. My E-mail address is RSteffen@Piercemfg.com.
    Quote Originally Posted by P.A. Todd
    Please send pictures. If it is a fit, I am definitely interested in the part.

Thanks for the reply.