Thread: It live's

Smile It live's

We finely go our 52 super running last week end. Drained the tank and put in new gas changed the oil. Put in a new battery and got it to crank but had no fuel to carb. I had to drop the tank and unblock the pickup tube after that it started right up! Runs fairly good, The lighter even works!
    A small exhaust leak at the manifold but that’s fixable. Haven’t driven it yet. We have to unstick the brake light switch so the stop lights work.

Roger C.

Congratulations! First start up is a thrill. Give us a little more info about the car and post some pics when you can. Let us know how the first drive goes.
    scott

joeslakeplace Guest

Thumbs up Gods be

For the love of all that is good and holy I hope I can hear that this weekend. I'm going to try to tear into mine this weekend and try not to destroy anything. I am not getting any fuel to mine as well but it sat for 18 months before I bought it. maybe a fuel pump diaphram, filter or blockage? who knows? Where did you start?

Greaser Guest

Same with me

Good job.
    I also found my fuel tank pickup tube completely packed with a rusty colored mud after starting mine up after I picked it up from some one who stored it for 25 years. Cleaned out easily though.