From the Reference Section:
- Auto Refinishing, featuring Brian Martin
- Body Cross Reference,A,B,C...
- 1967 Hood Scoop Installation Pattern

Thread: 1969 Skylark

Falcon Guest

1969 Skylark

As for as fenders, hood, bumper, grill, and front undercarriage, what will interchange with my 69. New to the list and new to Buick. I bought the Skylark for the engine and tranny, but I have decided to restore it also. Any info appreciated.

A '68 will interchange about 95% of parts with your '69. There are some minor differences, like round vs. rectangular side-marker lights, etc.

A 1970 - 72 will fit most of the undercarriage parts (drivetrain, rearend, shocks, control arms, etc.) but the body & interior are pretty different. This is pretty much also true for 1968 - '72 Olds & Pontiacs too, depending on the particular item.

-Bob Cunningham

Falcon Guest

Interchange

Thanks Bobcat. It might seem hum-drum to you, but it is a wealth of info for a novice Buick enthusiast like me.
    Henry

as he said you will find many parts are interchangable, however with things like the fenders, i think the body lines MAY be different, at least thats what ive been told. As far as drivetrains and what not its easy to find things for chevelles. If your restoring back to original then you wont want to go this route but if your making a cruiser/racer this may be an option for you as far as drivetrain. If your looking for a core support, Good luck, if yours is repairable i suggest going that way.

good luck with the restoration, let us know how it turns out.

-jeff-

Another '69

Falcon, Im in the same boat ,picked up a 69 350 for almost nothing and plan to turn it into a cruizer. Would be interested in trading updates at this forum and sharing info. migo50

If I remember correctly the 1968 was a one year only style. It used the same body but all the side trim and front fenders were different as well as the rear bumper etc.
    Jim Carmichael 55 Buick Special & 65 Buick Riviera GS

I'm pretty sure the big body swoop on the '69 is slightly different than the '68. I've heard many times that quarter panels on one had to be modified to fit the other for both cars. The hood, grill, and almost all body trim is different from '68 to '69. A '69 rear bumper also has a hole in it for a third brake light while a '68 doesn't. Hope this helps a bit and good luck with the resto.
    Nick
    1968 Buick GS400 auto
    1972 Olds Cutlass conv. 350, 4 speed (Dad's)

buickman Guest

1968 Skylark

I had both a '69 four door & '68 wagon.Dash knobs were different as were the side marker lights. The extra light in the rear bumper just below the trunk was a back up light.

68/69 core support

hey,nice car to work on,lots of parts out their to find,i do have a core support that is used in both 68,69 skylarks,want to buy? let me know.