From the Reference Section:
- Auto Refinishing, featuring Brian Martin
- Body Cross Reference,A,B,C...
- 1967 Hood Scoop Installation Pattern

Thread: 1963 Skylark paint colors

bluesdog64 Guest

1963 Skylark paint colors

Can anyone tell me where/how I can find the paint code for a '63 Skylark? I'm looking at one to buy but I don't think it's painted the original color.

Thanks!

If you would llike to place an image of your car in your signature, click here for instructions
    WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!

Faxon Automotive Literature, Corona, CA

Manuals (owners, parts, repair), paint chips, etc. About two million or so at last count.

Talking

What you are after I assume is THIS cars original color, it is found on the id plate on the firewall. I know the 64 and up it is found there and I believe it is on the 63. It will say "PNT" and a number next to it. With that number you can find out what the cars color was from the factory.

But the question I have to ask is, why should this make such a big deal? Honestly, a 63 Skylark isn't a particularly valuable car. It isn't like a 70 GSX or a 65 Chevelle Z-16 or something.

If the car is done nice, if it isn't an obvious "wrong" color like that candy gold 2005 Honda or something like that, I wouldn't worry about it. It is MUCH,MUCH more important that the car is well detailed and in overall good condition than the paint not being the original color.

Brian
    "Fan of anything that moves human beings"
    1965 Gran Sport Conv.
    1948 Chevy P.U.
    1959 Rambler American, yeah I said Rambler, you want to make something of it punk?

1963 buick skylark is a very special and rare car. It was made with an aluminum engine, 11:1 compression. 4 barrel carb. the engine was later sold to rover/land rover. To this very day it is still widely used for high performance applications.

For it's time 63 buick skylark was very race!