Thread: Hemmings Classic Car

Wink Hemmings Classic Car

Has any other members checked out Hemmings Classic Car Magazine?

What do You Think?

I just got my first copy and found it quite interesting and informative.

Have they had any good articles on Buicks?

Regards,

Tom Gallagher
    Thanking YOU, for YOUR Valued Cooperation and Experience in This Matter.

NOSTALGIA Is A DEVICE That REMOVES The RUTS and POTHOLES From MEMORY LANE.
    Tom Gallagher (BUICK BANSHEE)
    1956 Buick Special 2 Door H/Top 46R: Red & White
    Darlington Station, RI. 02861

Thumbs up

Reguarding Hemmings. I have subscribed to both their pubs, Classic Car & Muscle Machine since first issue of each.

Have left all other subscriptions go dead, they seem to have the BEST yet.
    A very good mix of all subjects, some very good writers. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Had the First article on the" 66 Wildcat GS " I have ever seen.

Al
    Al
    65 GS Conv.

Hemmings Classic Cars

I just purchased the Feb. 2006 issue and though they didn't have any Buicks, they had a great story on the Chrysler Corp. hemis of the 1950s.

They have had GREAT coverage of our Buicks. At MusclePoluza in '04 at Lebonon Valley, N.Y. Raceway they had a Buick as Top. In '05 they had Carl Rylick's car as Top. Were to do an article on my Riv. which didn't happen for whatever reason. Craig Fitzgerald owns a '69 Riv. an editor. They have in the past picked a lot of the lesser known & uncovered brands & have given them a lot of recognition as our Buicks. I feel it is a fine publication, very well written, although not as accurate as it could be concerning details. Even with that, WHO CARES, OUR BUICKS ARE GETTING THEIR DUE RESPECT!!!!!!!! FINALLY!!!!!!

Tom Telesco

Wink Re Hemmings Classic Car Magazine

Hey Guys,

I just received the publication and I like what I saw.

The did a nice piece on the DeSoto, Som Historical Info on the Hemi and a Nice presentation on the '58 Bonneville.

It's still a Refreshing Change from the usual Camaro, Chevelle, Mustang stuff you usually see. I do like GM muscle cars but then again I don't eat steak everynight either. a little variety is nice.

If Tom says in the past that they have given Our Buick their due recognition all the better.

Now WE have to convince them to write an article on the "History of the Buick Nailhead" . That theme was done before in another publication a while ago, but I would like to see history repeat itself from a different prospective.

Regards,

Tom Gallagher

Buicks

Hey Tommie G. I am with you on the nailhead write up, the more the merrier!! I like small block Chevies, but a nailhead is a class by itself. I am sure I will be swapping out my 364 to a 401 in the 57 Special aaannnnnnndddddd I do own a 52 Chrysler Windsor--the 364 would be a very different power plant for this ole buggy!!!! Regards BeBop!!

Beauick8eR Guest

Hemmings Classic Cars

I've had the magazine since it started and enjoy it. The thing I like is that they don't stay with one strong type of following. The diversity of makes, models, a little history and clean photos make it an outstanding publication. Even though a lot of my background has been in Buicks, their variety is quite refreshing to say the least. In trying to please everyone,they do a very good job! I'd like to see more of the real noteable classics and the restoration stories of the cars, but I realize that would take an enormous amount of scouring the country for the stories and owners!!!

Beauick8eR Guest

Hemmings Classic Car

I've had the magazine since it started and enjoy it. The thing I like is that they don't stay with one strong type of following. The diversity of makes, models, a little history and clean photos make it an outstanding publication. Even though a lot of my background has been in Buicks, their variety is quite refreshing to say the least. In trying to please everyone,they do a very good job! I'd like to see more of the real noteable classics and the restoration stories of the cars, but I realize that would take an enormous amount of scouring the country for the stories and owners!!!

Thumbs up Re: Hemmings

Like Tom Telesco stated Hemmings seems to be doing our Buicks their justice.

I went into the archives on their website and found several articles on Buicks in past issues. one on a 37 Century a couple on the '53. Another article on the 54-57 Roadmonsters. and a comparison between a '55 Buick and a '56 Olds and a few others as well.

Regards,

Tom Gallagher