Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: '51 Super at Barrett-Jackson

'51 Super at Barrett-Jackson

It will be interesting to see what this beauty goes for! '51 Super here!
    If you would llike to place an image of your car in your signature, click here for instructions
    WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!

Auction

When is the auction again?

Barrett Jackson

JAN 14-22ND

Barrett Jackson Auction

I See That There Are 22 Buicks For Sale At That Auction, Wonder How They'll Come Out

Wink Barrett-Jackson Auction

In any event:

I'm quite sure there will be some MAJOR "Sucking-UP" going on!

It's part of the experience and demeanor to escallate and inflate prices.

There are some beautiful cars shown, but I personally think some people have more money than brains. or is it just for the rich and famous.

I often wondered if the booze is flowing and some of these inflated prices could be considered as alcohol related incidents? or Principles of salesmanship505 at the graduate level.

I saw the guy from last year buying the olds concept car for outragious money, what like 3 Million.

The is a sharp looking Pontiac concept car of the same vintage up for bid.

Anyone want to be the same guy makes an appearance?

It was ALL about him!

I would just love to be there to see what goes on behind the scenes!

WHAT DO OTHER FELLOW MEMBER THINK? IS THIS GOOD OR BAD IN REGARD TO THIS THING OF OURS AS A HOBBY?

IT'S NOT LIKE THESE BUYERS ACTUALLY WORKED ON THESE VEHICLES AND REFURBISHED THEM.

OFTEN IT IS THE RESULT OF SOMEONE ELSES TALENT

Regards,

Tom Gallagher
    Last edited by Tom Gallagher; 01-17-2006 at 11:23 PM.
    Thanking YOU, for YOUR Valued Cooperation and Experience in This Matter.

NOSTALGIA Is A DEVICE That REMOVES The RUTS and POTHOLES From MEMORY LANE.
    Tom Gallagher (BUICK BANSHEE)
    1956 Buick Special 2 Door H/Top 46R: Red & White
    Darlington Station, RI. 02861

It's entertaining but I think it's bad for anybody with an average income. It's just making all old cars less affordable because every Joe now thinks his 4 door Roadmaster is worth six figures because Howard Hughes' went for 1.5 mil. Come on, a million dollar Cuda? They're cars!
    1953 Special Riviera 45R
    1965 Skylark Hardtop 300-4V
    1965 Mustang (in the family since 1968)
    1965 Corvair Monza Convertible
    1965 Dodge Dart 170 Wagon
    1974 Pontiac Firebird Esprit

I gotta' agree with you guys! Even if you can come close to justifying the price of the cars that sell there, it makes a lot of people with cars that just aren't worth the buck inflate their prices into the area of ridiculous!
    If you would llike to place an image of your car in your signature, click here for instructions
    WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!

Barrett

I Agree With That, But Is Anybody Getting Sick Of Seeing Vettes Go Across The Block, I Know I Am, Also The Street Rods Ford Or Chevy With The Opposite Motors In Them That's Kinda Sad, And Loose Alot Of Money For Doing It To! Whatever Different Strokes For Diff Folks : :d

Thumbs down Barrett-Jackson Auction

Wednesday Night saw an amphicar go for big bucks

Flet sorry for the owner of the 37 Pontiac with 40 grand worth of receipts only go for 26k. I thought he did a pretty nice job. Nice woodgrain interior.

I get a kick out of the commentators remarks like "This car has seen some time under the hood" I have noticed that They are really quick to point out that the engine compartment isn't detailed. It appears that they thing every car should look just like it came off the showroom floor or has had a concourse body and frame off resturation.

How may 1969 Camaro SS Indy Pace Cars are we going to see? White with Pumpkin Racing Stripes? I have just been watching the last 2 nights and I think I counted 4 already.

One guy spent 50K on a customized T- bucket. That's about 20 bucks a pound for Half a Ford. Excuse me, I don't think so. That's not what I would consider A-Ford-able

Most people don't realize that the Mustang is really a Falcon in a pretty dress!

A Fiat with a canopy top and Wicker seats went for way too, too much dough, a glorified golf cart.

I can't believe the money that is being transacted, it's ludicrus

The people buying this stuff are middle=aged baby boomers

Have any Members actually attend this auction.

I would really like to hear what goes on>

Regards,

Tom Gallagher
    Last edited by Tom Gallagher; 01-18-2006 at 10:19 PM.
    Thanking YOU, for YOUR Valued Cooperation and Experience in This Matter.

NOSTALGIA Is A DEVICE That REMOVES The RUTS and POTHOLES From MEMORY LANE.
    Tom Gallagher (BUICK BANSHEE)
    1956 Buick Special 2 Door H/Top 46R: Red & White
    Darlington Station, RI. 02861

barret jackson

Way to much money for these cars I have always said that junk sells for way to much and real cars sell to cheap. I'am oot saying that these cars are junk but the prices are out of this world. I thinh the 51 woodie and the grand national went to cheap and who in there right mind would pay over 100grand for a fake car it happended maby a hemi in a shopping cart it could happen